Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Monday, December 06, 2004

Hobo for a Day 

Oh my.

I did absolutely NOTHING today. Not a damn thing. Nada. Zip. I mean, I didn't even shop for one grocery item after dropping Miki off to school. After I got my necessary cup of Joe, I felt ready to tackle the laundry. But as soon I passed the front gate of my building complex I made a sharp left and went straight home. From there on, I made a few updates to Heather's blog and replied to a few emails this morning. Watched plenty of HGTV before passing out on my couch.

Before I attempted to get comfy on my beloved red couch, I set my alarm JUST IN CASE I would oversleep and look stupid for not picking up my rugrat. This the first time in a long while since I completely zoned out. Boy, it feels nice. And you wonder why I still don't want to go back to work.

Interestingly enough, I usually get a few phone calls every month from friends and former co-workers all wondering when the heck I would return to the debilitating rat race. One, no one could ever imagine me being a stay-at-home mom. Two, any firm hires a dope like me would get their money's worth. I'm not saying that I'm the best that there is, but I tend to kill myself over nothing - literally speaking. That's exactly what companies want, an underdog who'll do all of the work w/o making a peep. I mean, I'll grumble and swear like a sailor, but the work will be completed with such quality that I'm paid minimum wage for what I produce. That's just the way I work. I raise the bar so high that my colleagues and peers HATE my guts. That's just too bad for them.

So, people like my own mother wonder when I'm hauling my flat ass to work. She hates the idea that I'm practically dumping my earning potential just so I can catch up on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Gosh I'm just sooo lazy!

I did get up on time to pick up Miki and make shabu shabu for dinner. That's Japanese tabletop cooking with vegetables, tofu, noodles with thinly sliced beef cooked on top of a portable gas range. I was so lazy that I didn't even want to cook dinner and make everyone cook their own portions.

Now I'm sitting her with a 39 lb rugrat on my lap who is blowing raspberries straight into the crook of my arm. Not only is it disgusting and ticklish, but it sounds as though someone is having bowel movement as the end result of food poisoning. Oh gross! My arms are now wet and she's suffering from hiccups. She was cracking up so hard that her dinner nearly came out of her nose. Aiyah.

Off to bed!

Posted by lindikins @ 9:32 PM

Comments: