Hooray for HGTV!
I just love it. There can't be anything else better than it. What a way to start your morning coffee with a dose of Carol Duvall and crafting ideas.
Whoa. Now you think I need to get some Prozac into my system.
Crafting is great. It's fun, it's invigorating and it's awesome. But the hobby consists primarily of large, middle-aged and round women of America. Where the heck do I belong in this category?? I'm not in my late 30's, donning floral shirts or pear shaped. We need better looking crafters as well as more people involved with this!
Scrapbooking is fun. Before, I could never find any of the cool stuff and now they're everywhere, but at a cost that only Bill Gates can afford (Thank god for ebay). How truly unfair of this capitalist society. All along, I created various scrapbooks during my HS days. I did a lot of funky and cool things and chucked them out a few years ago. Why? Because it seemed pretty stupid to hold onto something that meant nothing at the time. Work really destroyed a lot of my inner creativity and individuality. Hanging out with a bunch of nasty people made me kinda pissy too.
Thankfully, I was able to redeem myself and now I'm at home doing a bunch of fun things. Crafting, home decorating, chasing after TFF and surfing for the sheer fun of it. I still have a lot of work to do, but overall, the experience is great!
Signing off for now because I don't feel like expressing myself. I'm in a weird funk today because I have a lot of paperwork to tackle and it ain't the easy stuff either. My mom not being around also adds a bit of stress as I have to maintain two homes and keep up with her annoying documentation. Then there's the landlord which I've always abhorred. Then there are a slew of ongoing and open to-do items that will probably be tattooed on my left butt cheek.
Whoa. Now you think I need to get some Prozac into my system.
Crafting is great. It's fun, it's invigorating and it's awesome. But the hobby consists primarily of large, middle-aged and round women of America. Where the heck do I belong in this category?? I'm not in my late 30's, donning floral shirts or pear shaped. We need better looking crafters as well as more people involved with this!
Scrapbooking is fun. Before, I could never find any of the cool stuff and now they're everywhere, but at a cost that only Bill Gates can afford (Thank god for ebay). How truly unfair of this capitalist society. All along, I created various scrapbooks during my HS days. I did a lot of funky and cool things and chucked them out a few years ago. Why? Because it seemed pretty stupid to hold onto something that meant nothing at the time. Work really destroyed a lot of my inner creativity and individuality. Hanging out with a bunch of nasty people made me kinda pissy too.
Thankfully, I was able to redeem myself and now I'm at home doing a bunch of fun things. Crafting, home decorating, chasing after TFF and surfing for the sheer fun of it. I still have a lot of work to do, but overall, the experience is great!
Signing off for now because I don't feel like expressing myself. I'm in a weird funk today because I have a lot of paperwork to tackle and it ain't the easy stuff either. My mom not being around also adds a bit of stress as I have to maintain two homes and keep up with her annoying documentation. Then there's the landlord which I've always abhorred. Then there are a slew of ongoing and open to-do items that will probably be tattooed on my left butt cheek.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Yeah, that Ten of Pentacles. "Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it."
My latest deck is the Wonderland deck - it's the Alice in Wonderland story, which if you think about it is a bloody clever way of doing it. The Sun is Humpty Dumpty. Brilliant.
It's the Ten of Oysters.
This blog thing is contagious BTW.
My latest deck is the Wonderland deck - it's the Alice in Wonderland story, which if you think about it is a bloody clever way of doing it. The Sun is Humpty Dumpty. Brilliant.
It's the Ten of Oysters.
This blog thing is contagious BTW.
Heather babe,
You are so right. Now I have a new tarot buddy!
This piques my interest - this deck is now on my wish list! My favorite deck of all time is the Chinese Tarot Deck. I know it sounds a bit biased, but the art is simply fabulous. My second favorite is the Hanson-Roberts deck.
However, for serious stuff...I resort to my original Rider-Waite deck I rec'd from my best friend a dozen of years ago.
You are so right. Now I have a new tarot buddy!
This piques my interest - this deck is now on my wish list! My favorite deck of all time is the Chinese Tarot Deck. I know it sounds a bit biased, but the art is simply fabulous. My second favorite is the Hanson-Roberts deck.
However, for serious stuff...I resort to my original Rider-Waite deck I rec'd from my best friend a dozen of years ago.

