Loads of Laundry
For those of you who haven't had kids yet...
Kids are absolutely wonderful. They love you unconditionally, say the darndest things and smell your farts with glee. But they generate one whopping big bill each month in various and unimaginable ways possible.
Now, I have done nothing else but loads of laundry today. Since I prefer not to dry my clothing to save moolah, my mom's place has become a large laundry line. Articles of clothing are hung up in every nook and cranny found possible. Like my former inbox at work, I try to keep my outstanding laundry load to a minimum.
With kids, there is an infinite amount to laundry. Within hours, the end result of their actions will always be related to a mountainous pile of dirty items.
Kids are EVERYWHERE in the home.
Purposeful functions include: carrying out household work by wiping floors and furniture, aiding dinners by wearing marinara sauce, and using their clothes as recycling alternatives to napkins.
Less purposeful and more burdensome instances are: vomit (there's a reason why mommy said you can't eat too much of that stuff), pee-pee accidents (there's another reason why mommy said to go and not to wait to the last second), spills (height and depth perspectives vary during growth spurts), more spills, nosebleeds (oh yuck) and those unfortunate moments when they don't pull their pants down low enough because they're racing against the clock. Boys get the front shirttails wet and the girls get the back.
So. with this in mind - Children's clothing are purchased in massive lots to keep up with "their" demands for cleaner outfits - that's a hefty Cost #1. Then consider the actual expense of doing the laundry - the electric & water bills, detergent & fabric softener, and most important of all, Time. I could be doing a number of extremely productive things, like catching up on reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in lieu of my child having laundered outfits and to appear well groomed (Bah!). Since Mother Time can not be replaced, the cost outweighs everything else.
Aiyah.
Kids are absolutely wonderful. They love you unconditionally, say the darndest things and smell your farts with glee. But they generate one whopping big bill each month in various and unimaginable ways possible.
Now, I have done nothing else but loads of laundry today. Since I prefer not to dry my clothing to save moolah, my mom's place has become a large laundry line. Articles of clothing are hung up in every nook and cranny found possible. Like my former inbox at work, I try to keep my outstanding laundry load to a minimum.
With kids, there is an infinite amount to laundry. Within hours, the end result of their actions will always be related to a mountainous pile of dirty items.
Kids are EVERYWHERE in the home.
Purposeful functions include: carrying out household work by wiping floors and furniture, aiding dinners by wearing marinara sauce, and using their clothes as recycling alternatives to napkins.
Less purposeful and more burdensome instances are: vomit (there's a reason why mommy said you can't eat too much of that stuff), pee-pee accidents (there's another reason why mommy said to go and not to wait to the last second), spills (height and depth perspectives vary during growth spurts), more spills, nosebleeds (oh yuck) and those unfortunate moments when they don't pull their pants down low enough because they're racing against the clock. Boys get the front shirttails wet and the girls get the back.
So. with this in mind - Children's clothing are purchased in massive lots to keep up with "their" demands for cleaner outfits - that's a hefty Cost #1. Then consider the actual expense of doing the laundry - the electric & water bills, detergent & fabric softener, and most important of all, Time. I could be doing a number of extremely productive things, like catching up on reruns of Buffy the Vampire Slayer in lieu of my child having laundered outfits and to appear well groomed (Bah!). Since Mother Time can not be replaced, the cost outweighs everything else.
Aiyah.
Comments:
Post a Comment
And if your kids are anything like I was, they walk around in public with their hands in their private areas until they're about 6 years old and finally get the hint.
Great...Now I have something to look forward to.
Oh and if you have a boy - they'll never stop.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dangit...clicked on the wrong icon. Didn't mean to chuck out the previous post - DUH!
I originally said:
"Is this why Georgie always has his hands in his pockets?"
I originally said:
"Is this why Georgie always has his hands in his pockets?"

