Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Veddy Cold! 

It's frigid and cold over here. I have been inundated with all sorts of odd chores and errands and 'stuff' lately disallowing me to blog at a regular and normal pace. Boy, I hate to be unnecessarily busy.

It was freezing yesterday and I had to layer my child with a ton of clothing to prevent her little toes and fingers from falling off. She was so stuffed that she could only walk to school at a snail's pace. Keep in mind that I live in NYC, so it isn't as if our kids get picked up by a schoolbus and get carted off to school. We physically trudge our asses in a blizzard or a monsoon just so our child can learn how to write their first and last names.

So, she appeared to be a cross between the Michelin Man and a marshmallow. I was wearing a few layers myself and the sewage froze as well. It was especially important to watch where you were going!

Also returned some merchandise to my favorite department store, Century 21 (no, not the damn real estate company). The lines were maddening and I refused to shop today (Oh my! Now that's a first!) because of the nasty aftereffects from smelling too much Aqua Velva [*hacks*]. Obviously this dude got it as last year's Christmas gift and practically marinaded himself in it. There were guys in my job who soaked & smothered themselves in Old Spice, but this was atrocious. Aqua Velva is pungent like bad curry. Oy.

Tomorrow I will be off doing mommy duties by donating my time wrapping up children's gifts (therefore missing out on Buffy reruns) at the school as well as accomodating my rugrat to her NYC Museum trip. This is the school's second attempt to visit the museum as another school stole our school bus. Yep, that's right, another school had the same exact trip and hopped on our two buses. We were waiting for an hour until it was later discovered that there was an absurd mix-up. Gotta love it.

TTFN!
Posted by lindikins @ 11:04 PM

Comments:

Well of course the guy at Century 21 made you wheeze...do you know what's in your average bottle of perfume or cologne?

The base fluid in your average perfume or cologne is made up of benzyl acetate (carcinogen), benzenethanol (reduces bone marrow production), diethyl phthalate (carcinogen/estrogen mimic), eugenol (pesticide), ethyl linalool (narcotic), alpha-terpineol (CNS disruption), galaxolide 50 (hormone disruptor), cyclopenta-decanolide (carcinogen), benzaldehyde 4-hydroxy-3-methoxy (kidney damage), ebnzenemethanol (carcinogen), phenol 2-6-bis-1-1-dimethylethyl 4-methyl (reproductive toxin and pesticide).

These join a mix of benzyl salicylate, beta-ionone, piperonal, methyl dihydrojazmonate, linalyl acedate, CIS-3-hexenyl salicylate, cintronellol, alpha-ionone, geranyl acetate, octanol-7-hydroxy-3, 7-dimethyl, 2-buten-1-ol, 2-ethyl-4-2-2-3-trimethyl-3-cyclopenten-1-yl, 1-cyclohexene-1-butanol-4-diethoxymethyl-alpha-alpha-dimethyl, 2-buten-1-one, 1-2-6-6-trimethyl-1-cyclohexen-1-yl, pehnol, 2-methody-4-1-propenyl, oxacycloheptadec-10-en-2-one, 2-octanol, 8-8-diethoxy-2-6-dimethl, 2-propen-1-ol, 3-phenyl, 6-octen-3-ol, 3-7-dimethyl, acetate, 6-octen-3-ol, 3-7-dimethyl, 7-octen-4-one, 2-6-dimethyl, cyclohexyloxy, acetic acid, 2 propenyl ester, 2-6-octadien-1-ol, 3-7 dimethyl, benzaldehyde, 4-methoxy, 1-3-6-octatriente, 3-7 dimethyl, benzoic acid, 2-hydroxy, and ethyl ester.

What, did you think perfume was made from crushed flowers in water or something?
By Blogger Heather, at 6:26 PM
Um, uh, thought it was toilet water and Uranium.
By Blogger lindikins, at 10:58 AM
No, it was your anium.
By Blogger Heather, at 5:55 PM
I feel for you. It's been in the high 70's to low 80's here on the left coast. Christmas in the summer? Hmmm, this isn't Australia!

I guess I should toss that 2 gallon bottle of Aqua Velvet in the trash. ;o)
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 PM
ROFL!

How do you pronounce Uranus? Is it:

UR-ANUS (Yer-ANUS)

or

U-ranus (Yer-ennis)

There are two ones...one of them being politically correct?
By Blogger lindikins, at 12:09 PM