Fricking Cold
Well, winter finally came. After all of this time, the freezing weather finally came to town. This season has been rather wet and weird - going from being almost spring-like to monsoons galore. The past weekend has been a true testament of what I've loathed the MOST. I guess it's true. The older you get, you start losing your insulation mentally and physically and Cali is looking better than ever!
Anyhoo...this morning, I layered my kid to the extent where she could barely move. Ski pants are the staple and not necessarily worn for recreational purposes. Poor kid could barely climb up the stairs.
As for me, I HATE hats. I don't wear them because I despise flat hair. Being a member of Generation X, having big hair is an absolute necessity in life. So...if I'm wearing a hat in this weather, you know it's fricking cold.
So we're walking to school this morning and winds were gusting up to 17 mph (not fun, I assure you). While slowly crawling to school, a blast of frigid wind hit us from behind and shoved us about a foot forward. We both regained our composure and I heard a little voice. It goes like this:
When ah wind blow
When ah mother dalk
When ah wind blow
We can WORK it OUT!
It made my day.
Anyhoo...this morning, I layered my kid to the extent where she could barely move. Ski pants are the staple and not necessarily worn for recreational purposes. Poor kid could barely climb up the stairs.
As for me, I HATE hats. I don't wear them because I despise flat hair. Being a member of Generation X, having big hair is an absolute necessity in life. So...if I'm wearing a hat in this weather, you know it's fricking cold.
So we're walking to school this morning and winds were gusting up to 17 mph (not fun, I assure you). While slowly crawling to school, a blast of frigid wind hit us from behind and shoved us about a foot forward. We both regained our composure and I heard a little voice. It goes like this:
When ah wind blow
When ah mother dalk
When ah wind blow
We can WORK it OUT!
It made my day.
Comments:
Post a Comment
One of the things I love about springtime is getting the eff out of the eskimo suit. No gloves, no scarf, no hat, no warm coat down to one's knees.
Missing school due to snow is fun until your senior year of high school. Mine (Blizzard of 96) - I graduated high school, had two days off, then had my university orientation. That's how much school we'd missed.
Missing school due to snow is fun until your senior year of high school. Mine (Blizzard of 96) - I graduated high school, had two days off, then had my university orientation. That's how much school we'd missed.
Ahhh...the blizzard of '96.
I still remember seeing Wall St brokers and traders trekking in the snow with their ski gear since no one was sure if the buses were running or not. I remember having to wear 3 layers of clothing AND a monkey suit to work. Out of 300 employes, only 30 showed up..including myself. It doesn't pay to live in the city sometimes. I had to take the subway UPTOWN and take another train DOWNTOWN to get into work. Makes sense, eh?
Assholes didn't even compensate for coming into work that day. That was a very important lesson I learned back in '96.
I still remember seeing Wall St brokers and traders trekking in the snow with their ski gear since no one was sure if the buses were running or not. I remember having to wear 3 layers of clothing AND a monkey suit to work. Out of 300 employes, only 30 showed up..including myself. It doesn't pay to live in the city sometimes. I had to take the subway UPTOWN and take another train DOWNTOWN to get into work. Makes sense, eh?
Assholes didn't even compensate for coming into work that day. That was a very important lesson I learned back in '96.

