Jook Sing English
This is what happens when you're brought up in a bilingual family.
I picked up Miki from school and we were heading home from the arctic arena. We reached the main gate and a flight of steps to enter our humble abode.
Mommy: Mikayla, wait for mommy.
Miki: It's okay mommy, I can walk by myself. I'm a big girl now.
Mommy: Okay sweetie. Watch your step and be careful, the steps may be slippery.
Miki: Yes mommy, I be carefulling.
Mommy: Hehehe...Uh, say, "I'm being careful".
Gotta love the use of the Engrish language.
I picked up Miki from school and we were heading home from the arctic arena. We reached the main gate and a flight of steps to enter our humble abode.
Mommy: Mikayla, wait for mommy.
Miki: It's okay mommy, I can walk by myself. I'm a big girl now.
Mommy: Okay sweetie. Watch your step and be careful, the steps may be slippery.
Miki: Yes mommy, I be carefulling.
Mommy: Hehehe...Uh, say, "I'm being careful".
Gotta love the use of the Engrish language.
Comments:
Post a Comment
My sister will never read this so HAH:
You know how kids repeat things they see on TV or in the movies right -
when my sister was a toddler, so the story goes, she was in the baby basket of the shopping cart in the supermarket, and mom went to the checkout. There was a poor innocent bystander of a woman in front of them. My sister, clueless wee bairn, looked at the woman and yelled a line she had overheard in the Dudley Moore film "Arthur", complete with New York accent:
"Ah you a hookah?"
You know how kids repeat things they see on TV or in the movies right -
when my sister was a toddler, so the story goes, she was in the baby basket of the shopping cart in the supermarket, and mom went to the checkout. There was a poor innocent bystander of a woman in front of them. My sister, clueless wee bairn, looked at the woman and yelled a line she had overheard in the Dudley Moore film "Arthur", complete with New York accent:
"Ah you a hookah?"
That...is truly a special moment. Kids really do say the DARNDEST things!!!
For Xmas, Mikayla's class performed "Feliz Navidad" on stage. For 3 weeks, her teacher was teaching the kids the lyrics and one day I noticed her singing it at home. She belted out, "Feliza Navi-GOD!". Her best friend thought this was another one of those religious songs again.
For Xmas, Mikayla's class performed "Feliz Navidad" on stage. For 3 weeks, her teacher was teaching the kids the lyrics and one day I noticed her singing it at home. She belted out, "Feliza Navi-GOD!". Her best friend thought this was another one of those religious songs again.

