LEAVE ME ALONE!
Um...Okay, I can be a bit dramatic at times.
Well, this is what I learned thus far, when your gut tells you to be excessively lazy and not help others or your intuition scream at you to nip issues at the bud - just do it.
I got snowballed yesterday with a bunch of little issues that are indirectly related to me. One, is about a loan that was made to my cousin over a year ago. My mom nagged the living shit outta me and I gave in. Moms have an excellent way to getting to your skin simply with the way they stare at you and their voices. I personally hate giving loans to Commie relatives because it's a bitch to get it back. They'll make excuses for not making payments and even look elsewhere to fulfill their debt. Like if they found out that someone else owed me money, then they'll transfer their debt over to them and have me seek out payment to another party. It's like refinancing through the use of your local gene pool.
What my mom has a hard time understanding is that her siblings can be complete and utter dogs. Thankfully my brother and I have a fantastic relationship, but I think if you have too many siblings, things get to be a bit hairy. I've always disliked my uncle's family, even to the point of hating them all, because his daughter slighted me deeply 10 years ago. Although I've forgiven, I certainly did not forget. So when her younger brother needed funds for his wedding, he turned to mom and whined like a baby. She, in turn, fell for their ploy (as always) and gave in. I usually let her deal with this kind of stuff, but she's not here this time. So now, I have the daunting task of assuming the role of the bill collector. Yuck.
Next, I have to go up to Rich's office and reprimand one of the receptionists for poor performance. Now, I hate confrontations, large or small, and would rather run than to face the situation. I guess the reason why I decided to become a manager was to learn how to overcome this fear of confrontations. Although I'm over it for the most part, I would rather prefer not to deal with it if I could.
I've been meaning to speak to his receptionist, but he did not want me to override his authority and make him look like a schmuck. But enough is enough. We're not paying her to come in late, have a pissy day and pick and choose her tasks. Although he has spoken to her, there's difference between telling them and telling them off. What iggs me is that he makes no bones about me pissing him off, but he can't tell it to a 21 year old girl who's still dreaming about a knight in a shining armor come barging through our office door. Grace, being a seasoned worker, is partially aiding to her tardiness by not speaking up. If I were in Grace's shoes, I'd be pissed to no tomorrow if I had to stay 10 minutes later each day because you couldn't haul your ass in on time.
And everything in my apartment needs maintenance work. So...I'm busy this week and I haven't done any crafting since October. For a while, I was preoccupied with the TFF's ELAHE release and it was a whole ton of fun. Now that the hype has quieted somewhat over here, I'll be revisiting my craft again. All I've done is buy paper off of ebay and haven't done anything with it!
Oh crap. I forgot to go to the bank again. If it ain't written down, it ain't gettin' done.
Well, this is what I learned thus far, when your gut tells you to be excessively lazy and not help others or your intuition scream at you to nip issues at the bud - just do it.
I got snowballed yesterday with a bunch of little issues that are indirectly related to me. One, is about a loan that was made to my cousin over a year ago. My mom nagged the living shit outta me and I gave in. Moms have an excellent way to getting to your skin simply with the way they stare at you and their voices. I personally hate giving loans to Commie relatives because it's a bitch to get it back. They'll make excuses for not making payments and even look elsewhere to fulfill their debt. Like if they found out that someone else owed me money, then they'll transfer their debt over to them and have me seek out payment to another party. It's like refinancing through the use of your local gene pool.
What my mom has a hard time understanding is that her siblings can be complete and utter dogs. Thankfully my brother and I have a fantastic relationship, but I think if you have too many siblings, things get to be a bit hairy. I've always disliked my uncle's family, even to the point of hating them all, because his daughter slighted me deeply 10 years ago. Although I've forgiven, I certainly did not forget. So when her younger brother needed funds for his wedding, he turned to mom and whined like a baby. She, in turn, fell for their ploy (as always) and gave in. I usually let her deal with this kind of stuff, but she's not here this time. So now, I have the daunting task of assuming the role of the bill collector. Yuck.
Next, I have to go up to Rich's office and reprimand one of the receptionists for poor performance. Now, I hate confrontations, large or small, and would rather run than to face the situation. I guess the reason why I decided to become a manager was to learn how to overcome this fear of confrontations. Although I'm over it for the most part, I would rather prefer not to deal with it if I could.
I've been meaning to speak to his receptionist, but he did not want me to override his authority and make him look like a schmuck. But enough is enough. We're not paying her to come in late, have a pissy day and pick and choose her tasks. Although he has spoken to her, there's difference between telling them and telling them off. What iggs me is that he makes no bones about me pissing him off, but he can't tell it to a 21 year old girl who's still dreaming about a knight in a shining armor come barging through our office door. Grace, being a seasoned worker, is partially aiding to her tardiness by not speaking up. If I were in Grace's shoes, I'd be pissed to no tomorrow if I had to stay 10 minutes later each day because you couldn't haul your ass in on time.
And everything in my apartment needs maintenance work. So...I'm busy this week and I haven't done any crafting since October. For a while, I was preoccupied with the TFF's ELAHE release and it was a whole ton of fun. Now that the hype has quieted somewhat over here, I'll be revisiting my craft again. All I've done is buy paper off of ebay and haven't done anything with it!
Oh crap. I forgot to go to the bank again. If it ain't written down, it ain't gettin' done.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Re the knight in shining armor comment:
I am proud to say that I have finally enunciated that thing which we all strive for.
THE AMERICAN DREAM.
THE AMERICAN DREAM IS:
to run off with some cute foreign guy.
(come on, you know I'm right.)
I am proud to say that I have finally enunciated that thing which we all strive for.
THE AMERICAN DREAM.
THE AMERICAN DREAM IS:
to run off with some cute foreign guy.
(come on, you know I'm right.)
(*Bows down to the Great Master Burns*) AMEN!!!
C'MON CHINGIE...YOU KNOW IT TOO!!
Please note that the guy must be CUTE.
C'MON CHINGIE...YOU KNOW IT TOO!!
Please note that the guy must be CUTE.

