Show And Tell that Never Was - Another Mikayla Moment
So far, I've been so lazy that I have nothing blogworthy. However, I've been meaning to put a bunch of Miki moments under one umbrella rather than sending occasional emails throughout the year. This one is quite amusing:
When Mikayla was in nursery class earlier last year, her teacher (who also happens to be a good friend of mine) always gave homework to the kids. One of the ways to have a child exercise their vocabulary and master the art of communication was to have Show and Tell assignments. Every week there would be a theme where a child would bring in an item and describe to the class. Keep in mind that the class is comprised of 3 - 4 year olds and the difference in age do mean a lot when it comes to development - even by a few months.
So...her themed subject was the letter 'S'. You had to bring something to school that started with that letter and describe it. The first thing came to her mind: SPONGEBOB!!!!
Uh...hell no. Momny LOATHES the cheesy yellow thing. So I negotiated with my child. How about 'S' for song? Like "Shout"? And she agreed! YESSS!!! So, her topic was S is for Song and Singers...her favorite singers were Curt and Roland (she didn't understand that they were called 'Tears for Fears' at the time and would refer to them as 'Sun' because of the cover of the TEARS ROLL DOWN video compilation), her favorite song was "Shout" and it was performend by 'Sun' (TFF was a mouthful for her, so I let it go).
Unfortunately, she never got to do her Show and Tell piece because she fell sick at the time. But I would've peed in my pants just to hear her talk about it. I'll try to see if I can pull it off in this year's Pre-K class!!!!! I want it videotaped!!!!
I know, I know, what a psycho mom.
When Mikayla was in nursery class earlier last year, her teacher (who also happens to be a good friend of mine) always gave homework to the kids. One of the ways to have a child exercise their vocabulary and master the art of communication was to have Show and Tell assignments. Every week there would be a theme where a child would bring in an item and describe to the class. Keep in mind that the class is comprised of 3 - 4 year olds and the difference in age do mean a lot when it comes to development - even by a few months.
So...her themed subject was the letter 'S'. You had to bring something to school that started with that letter and describe it. The first thing came to her mind: SPONGEBOB!!!!
Uh...hell no. Momny LOATHES the cheesy yellow thing. So I negotiated with my child. How about 'S' for song? Like "Shout"? And she agreed! YESSS!!! So, her topic was S is for Song and Singers...her favorite singers were Curt and Roland (she didn't understand that they were called 'Tears for Fears' at the time and would refer to them as 'Sun' because of the cover of the TEARS ROLL DOWN video compilation), her favorite song was "Shout" and it was performend by 'Sun' (TFF was a mouthful for her, so I let it go).
Unfortunately, she never got to do her Show and Tell piece because she fell sick at the time. But I would've peed in my pants just to hear her talk about it. I'll try to see if I can pull it off in this year's Pre-K class!!!!! I want it videotaped!!!!
I know, I know, what a psycho mom.
Comments:
Post a Comment
