Talk about Perseverence
I hear drums beating and gongs clanging outside...
The martial arts group are outside in the ballpark field practicing their lion dance for Chinese New Year (February 9, 2005 - Year of the Rooster) .
It's freezing, only 8 degrees with a wind chill making it feel like it's -2. Such brave souls, must be a testament to their strength and endurance.
HAS THE SI-FU (MASTER) LOST HIS MIND??!! WTF?!? Are you kidding me?! The lion head itself weighs over 30 lbs, and you're practicing in this weather? Can't you do it indoors?!?!!?! The boys are gonna freeze their nuts off!!!
Subjects related to stoicism can be construed as stupidity.
The martial arts group are outside in the ballpark field practicing their lion dance for Chinese New Year (February 9, 2005 - Year of the Rooster) .
It's freezing, only 8 degrees with a wind chill making it feel like it's -2. Such brave souls, must be a testament to their strength and endurance.
HAS THE SI-FU (MASTER) LOST HIS MIND??!! WTF?!? Are you kidding me?! The lion head itself weighs over 30 lbs, and you're practicing in this weather? Can't you do it indoors?!?!!?! The boys are gonna freeze their nuts off!!!
Subjects related to stoicism can be construed as stupidity.
Comments:
Post a Comment
You hear drums beating and gongs clanging outside.
So? That's New York for ya.
Tonight at Urban Outfitters I picked up something that has no meaning whatsoever to my husband. It's a ceramic tumbler printed with the silly blue and gold Greek "it was our pleasure to serve you" design that you used to see on paper cups in greasy spoons in NYC and Long Island. New York kitsch at home in Scotland.
I saw a Tibetan mirror at Pier that I Must Have. It's huge, with a black floral design on a red background, and would look perfect in the bedroom. But isn't that double bad Feng Shui?
I think I have email from you to catch up on too.
So? That's New York for ya.
Tonight at Urban Outfitters I picked up something that has no meaning whatsoever to my husband. It's a ceramic tumbler printed with the silly blue and gold Greek "it was our pleasure to serve you" design that you used to see on paper cups in greasy spoons in NYC and Long Island. New York kitsch at home in Scotland.
I saw a Tibetan mirror at Pier that I Must Have. It's huge, with a black floral design on a red background, and would look perfect in the bedroom. But isn't that double bad Feng Shui?
I think I have email from you to catch up on too.
We got around 8-10 inches of snow already. The gongs and drums lasted only 20 minutes before they realized that it was a DUMB idea to be practicing outdoors today.
10 months from today...babies galore! They're anticipating this weekend to be another replay of the storm in 1996. I have my fridge stocked up and have been cooking all day long to warm up this place.
I didn't realize there was an Urban Outfitters out there! Did you see the tufted seat cushions sold for an arm and leg? I think those tumblers are quite cute...I remember during my college days that it was 'cool' to be carrying a cup of coffee to class. If you purchased your coffee at a Dean & Deluca or Burke & Burket, that was even more cool!
Nah...just make sure the mirror is not positioned facing the foot of the bed. Now that's the important part!!!
10 months from today...babies galore! They're anticipating this weekend to be another replay of the storm in 1996. I have my fridge stocked up and have been cooking all day long to warm up this place.
I didn't realize there was an Urban Outfitters out there! Did you see the tufted seat cushions sold for an arm and leg? I think those tumblers are quite cute...I remember during my college days that it was 'cool' to be carrying a cup of coffee to class. If you purchased your coffee at a Dean & Deluca or Burke & Burket, that was even more cool!
Nah...just make sure the mirror is not positioned facing the foot of the bed. Now that's the important part!!!

