Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Back! 

So sorry for not responding to any emails, posting blogs or even answering calls. I have been inundated with work and home that ain't even funny. Miki is off of school AGAIN and you know what that means: Mommy refuses to do anything.

Let's say if I want to get a cup of coffee, it would take me a mere 5 minutes to get dressed and 5 minutes to get back home with a cup in my hand from the local bakery. I usually go to the one about 3 blocks away.

With Miki, it'll take us a total of 35 minutes. It'll take her 10 minutes to get her clothes on without having to run away from me (or put her shirt on backwards), another 10 to do her hair and 15 minutes to walk those 3 short blocks.


Now you know why I'd rather stay home? I have my moments where I don't have a lot of patience and would prefer to stay in bed for a few more hours. Even doing the laundry is such an arduous task. It's not her fault, but I try to maximize my time without her to the fullest. I usually go for the kill and get everything done in one shot.

Plus, I've been spending way too much time at the office because Grace can't cut the job. I've hired a new girl this week and Grace will get her notification sometime today or tomorrow. I'm so sick and tired of having to carry her fricking dead weight and for Rich to giggle about it. He thinks her hyperactivity is amusing and the talk of the town. In my opinion, poking fun at someone's anxiety isn't exactly a pastime. I chewed her ass out last week for neglecting to throw out the trash simply because someone had spat into it. The trash began to reek because she didn't want to 'touch' it and it was too 'disgusting'. One, if she had removed the contents on a daily basis it wouldn't reek and two, no one is asking her to touch the trash. Wear gloves, goddamit.

Honestly, I don't go around chewing people's asses out. But when you get STUPID with me, then I can't hold back. I may go as far as cursing and swearing up the wazoo because the asinine remarks used. Even when Yuki was chronically late, I didn't yell. I just rubbed it up her face.

Anyway, I'm done with the excuses and the pity jobs. Today, I have to go to stores and prepare for Ching Ming. Yup...it's that time of the year again where we pay our respects to my dad at his grave. Unfortunately it's pouring dogs and cats on Saturday, so I may have to wait till Sunday. More to come on that aspect...

Gotta make lunch for Miki - Campbell's soup anyone?
Posted by lindikins @ 1:31 PM

Comments:

Welcome back! Will respond to your email tonight.

The other day I picked up the new pressing of "Wild Swans", with the author's new preface. Have you ever read it? I'm curious what you thought of it.
By Blogger Heather, at 3:52 PM
Thanks!

Never heard of it...maybe I'll go check it out now that I'm curious. Then again, I don't come out of my cave dwelling until the weather warms up!
By Blogger lindikins, at 1:11 AM
Uh duh...I feel like schmuck now. When I first saw the title, I swear, it reminded me of a Harlequin novel. Am I retarded or WHAT?!

They made this book into a long TV series and I caught some of the episodes related to the story. I didn't realize it was actually translated into English and up for reading.

I'm trying to find some interesting reading (in English) on the Soong Sisters, but there's none out there. There are numerous documentaries, movies and books, but all in Chinese. To me, they're the most fascinating and powerfully connected women to have existed during the highs and lows of China. I'll burn you a copy of the movie if you're interested - with english subtitles of course!
By Blogger lindikins, at 1:27 AM