Rx: Friends
I guess with the right mix of people and moments, cloudy days can look brighter.
Right now I'm flabbergasted. I woke up one freezing morning in January this year and said to myself, "I need a holiday". It dawned upon to pay a visit to Sarah over in
I've never quite done anything of this magnitude. I mean, I have asked friends and family if I could come on over and be a house pest for a week. But overseas? That's a whole other ball of wax.
Much like the morning I woke up and said, "Damn, I need shoes" or "F--- it, I'm getting lasik". This is one of those moments again.
The difference is, my long lost partner in crime is now joining me in this mad escapade and it feels rather surrealistic! Although we've known each well over 2 decades, we've never quite done anything together. Coming over to each other's houses don't really fit the bill.
We've been on a hiatus for a few years and timing is rather strange. Ever since I took off of work, a good number of my friends have circled back into my life. I haven't heard some for YEARS and BAM! they're here. For example, I have one of my close buddies hanging out at my mom's place. Instead of leaving it empty (it started to creep me out), I asked Helen to stay. Helen obliged since she lives in a tiny and crammed
I drove a lot of my friends away because I couldn't keep up with the demands of home, work and society. I think they got the karmic sense that I'm free from these stressors and I'm 'coincidentally' running into them.
Furthermore, I've made lots of new friends (Heather & Camille) and it's nice to know that there are still a few ppl who are genuinely sincere. I'm so sick of these two-faced assholes lurking around the school grounds or schmoozers who think they can squelch some freebie off of me. Weasels.
For the past few days, I've been searching on the web for deals and determining which route is the best to go to Brum - either by rail or direct flight. Then Ching decides to do this: LET'S REALLY SEE THE UK. Okay, I nearly fell off of my chair because I used to be one making these bold and adventurous statements!
I do love surprises from her. The time we spent away and grew apart have shown us varying depths in our experiences and perception of life. 4 years ago, I probably would've been bitter and serenaded Ching with TFF's "Fish Out of Water" or something retarded like that.
Now it's toss up between "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending" or "Closest Thing to Heaven".

