Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Penis Envy 

As I continue with my ongoing quest of packing (I'm just procrastinating), I was also doing some last minute chores around the house. Not being at home for nearly 9 days is very dangerous with a 5 year old and her cornball dad.

I went through some of Rich's Hong Kong celebrity gossip journals lying on the floor and came across a Boots advert. NOW I really know what Heather's tawking about!! I can't wait to pay homage when I get there? I wonder if they have the whitening formula skin creme?

Oops, I deviated again. Anyway, as I was thumbing through the pages of this magazine, something unusual caught my eye. Because I can't read Chinese and it was too late ask anyone what the article was about, I looked closely and saw a gazillion phallic items plastered all over the page. Out of curiosity, I observed the details carefully and realized that it was some festival held in Japan. People took many pictures of the temple with a large phallus hanging from the ceiling and everywhere in the garden, for that matter. The snacks being offered at the stands include: Bananas tipped with a creamy pink topping on a stick, phallic-shaped lollipops, and elongated pastries with creme fillings (oh, you gotta have THAT one).

Now these pictures look a bit formal and festive to be some pornographic convention, especially with kids, parents and people in traditonal garbs carrying phalli in attendance.

Curious? See for yourself and have a chuckle:

Festival of Fertility

;o)
Posted by lindikins @ 12:42 AM

Comments:

You could have knocked me over with a feather when I checked my husband for "Scottish authenticity" at our wedding reception.
By Blogger Heather, at 5:54 PM
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
By Blogger Heather, at 6:01 PM
Behold the monument to William Wallace - "Braveheart" -

as you see, he was a great, great man.

http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/stirling/wallace/
By Blogger Heather, at 6:01 PM
Li-Li, I'll have to semi-disagree on that one...the lug's was hanging off rather limply.
By Blogger lindikins, at 10:44 PM
Heather, DO TELL! I wanna know what the "Scottish Authenticity" is all about? Is that anything like FDA approved or something like that?

Hail to William Wallace!

The architect was most influenced by Rapunzel's beauty..
By Blogger lindikins, at 10:46 PM