UK Travel Journal - Final Day - *Sigh*
GOING HOME
On our last day, I morphed into a shopping fool after discovering Muji and its sister clearance shop. Ron-Ron also requested a few tubes of men’s Face Protector from the Body Shop and I was fortunate to come upon “Buy 2 Get 1 Free Sale”. Lucky bastard.
After some deliberation, we decided to have a proper English meal at the local pub to conclude our beloved trip. **Sigh** - Fish & Chips and Shepherd’s Pie with 2 half-pints of ale. Man, can we get any more authentic than that? Oh wait, we could’ve went for Mr. Brains faggots with mushy peas once again…Blimey!!!
We headed out early to Heathrow Airport since we didn’t want to play in the traffic or deal with any unexpected delays. Once again, I had a tremendous workout dragging my luggage through the Tube and was practically sweating through my coat. It was NOT a good thing. I was afraid that I might reek like Richard!
Upon our arrival at JFK, Ching and I took one of those airport shuttles back to
The driver left the radio on and PLJ was playing the greatest hits from the 80’s. Because of fatigue and being soiled by my aura of ickiness, I rested my head against the seat in front of me praying that we would arrive home in a few minutes. As soon as the unmistakable keys played on the airwaves, my head popped up when I heard “Head Over Heels” on the airwaves.
Now…how appropriate was that?
;o)
EVERYTHING happens for a reason…
