Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Detox Continues 

Okay, I'm taking a break from my UK journal...I'm losing my creative touch and beginning to squint at the monitor - it's a sign that I'm transforming into a big fat bore. It's amazing how much time has flown by and I've been back on the US soil for nearly 2 weeks. Whenever I try to recall and type up my UK travel details, setting back the time stamps seem almost surrealistic - has so much time elapsed already?

My memory is starting to get choppy and there wasn't much time to take notes during my trip. This is all coming from my dizzy head. In a matter of months, I won't remember any of it.

But the good news: Detox is making me almost 100% human again. I've accomplished a great deal this week, thanks to mum tending to Miki in the mornings and evenings. I still have plenty of wedding pictures to enhance and edit, but overall, all of the needs at home have been addressed.

Yesterday on a whim, I went for a cheap facial and felt like a new person. Although there is a massive difference between paying $45 vs. $150 for a facial; nonetheless, I felt all of the yuckiness being scrubbed away from me. The extraction was a bit rough for my taste, it was as though the girl rearranged my face. Anyhoo, I walked out feeling so giddy that I headed right over to the hair salon to get my greasy hair done. I was on a roll.

Because my hairdresser was not in on Wednesdays, I settled with the next available one who happened to be an adorable 25 year old guy. He did a pretty good job and gave me the fluffy layered bedhead look I donned a long while ago. I tend to get attached to long hair since I really do love the length. It was a tad bit shorter and wee bit flippy, but it's extremely low maintenance. Plus, I love the smell of hair products in my hair after leaving the salon. Yum!

Today, I managed to knock down more piles of paper and did a large load of laundry. I should be good to go for the next few days. WAHOOO!!
Posted by lindikins @ 11:38 PM

Comments:

Boy, you are on a roll. On the move and moving on.
By Blogger Dona Cox, at 12:32 AM