Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Monday, May 30, 2005

Finally Done With - 

WEDDINGS!

OMG - I feel like a recovering alcoholic right now. Every part of my body is wracked with pain - even my rear end. The wedding went extremely well and I commend on the couple's taste and ideas. Of course, it would've been nicer had they pitched forth the ideas EARLIER!

I was everybody's go-to person. My hair looked weird and was in a massive mess. Although it wasn't really MY day, I was one of those folks who was everywhere and in everything. It would've been nice if I looked a bit better...

Mikayla was being overly difficult and I was going to feed her to the dogs yesterday. I got a nasty taste of her immediate transformation from being a cute and fun-loving flower girl to a hideous, mountain-climbing tomboy. She had been hanging out with a band of rowdy boys who were screaming and tearing down the yard, so of course, negative influences take only a few moments to seep in while good habits take years. She adamantly refused to have her picture properly taken and kept following around the hyperactive lot all throughout the wedding. All I saw was foot stamping, nose-twitching and high-pitched NO's from her. In desperation, I threw out her McDonald's Happy Meal toy which certainly got her attention.

Usually she's very good. Since she apparently picked up their rowdy behavior, she assumed the role instantaneously. Plus, the bad behavior is a reflection on me, as other people would say that she was never taught properly by her parents. Now you know why I tell everyone don't bother having kids?

Anyway, I'll probably blog later this week as my apartment looks like it's been plundered by highway bandits.

TTFN!
Posted by lindikins @ 8:40 PM

Comments:

Yes, but look at it this way. When you want to have a little antisocial rant when you're in your late twenties and in a crappy officfe job, you can't. Let her enjoy it while she can. :)
By Blogger Heather, at 6:22 PM
*sigh*

True.

I also now understand why my mom did what she did when I was growing up. BOYS ARE BAD! BOYS ARE EVIL!
By Blogger lindikins, at 11:17 PM