Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Stale Energy 

Ya know, although I preach and semi-practice feng shui, I never quite realized the benefits of the exercises. Except until now.

For me, I prefer adhering by the rules of decluttering - the art of allowing energy to move freely around your home without unnecessary obstructions like clutter, or crap - as I would generally classify it. Basically, don't buy, store or acquire things that you don't need as inanimate objects promotes stale/negative energy. So, I've mastered some serious self-control when it comes to shopping since I try not to buy in excessive quantities. Within a small fraction of time, clutter can accumulate in places that are least expected and you have to reorganize your home every few months to maintain positive energy movement.

The reason why I don't practice practice feng shui in its full form is because I really don't have any directional sense nor do I truly understand the concept behind artistic placement. Is my window facing north or east? No light bulb going off here. I don't have the slightest clue as to where my money corner would be, so why even bother? I wouldn't be surprised to find my garbage pail sitting in that corner...

I've been absent from home for over 2 weeks due to my globetrotting stint from the UK to Myrtle Beach. I noticed the dreariness from the very moment I walked in. It wasn't the mess, or the fact that a tiny mouse dug a large hole through my floor, or even the large pile of mail sitting on the bench. The sense of drab was clearly there even though my home was not raided by marauders as I originally assumed. The energy at home simply stood still.

With bad bouts of jet lag and me being dense me, I was able to do something yesterday. Yeah, recovery for an alcoholic takes a while, doesn't it?

After lighting a bunch of candles and a massive clean up, the energy began to move again.

It's apparent how a strong positive and psychic entity needs to exist in the present tense to preserve the essence of the home. If not, the inner workings begins to deteriorate and all efforts to revive it may prove to be moot.
Posted by lindikins @ 11:58 PM

Comments: