Taking A Bloggin' Break
No creative writing spark left...I'm starting to sound as boring as those fricking systems requirements at I used to craft when I was at work. Not only were they painfully dry, it took me about 6 hours to write ensuring I dotted every i and crossed every t. If I get to this point, then I need a mental break, some network programming is in order and I ought to be good to go for the next 3 days.
Plus, I'm in high demand this month as bridal assistants or lackeys, depending on how you want to look at it. During the first week of May, I was helping out Lisa's wedding out in the Carolinas and the following weekend will be for Jessica's. For Lisa's big day, I made her bouquet while a bunch of folks indulged in a happy hour, chopped every food item in the fridge (Benihama mama!) and tried to take every snapshot possible since Lisa canned the photographer. I was toast when I got back.
Jess' wedding ? Now that's a hot potato as Mikayla will be the flower girl AND my job is to oversee the bride's side of the family business during the day. In the evening, I will then have to make my way to the banquet hall and arrange all of the favors (200+) and decorations, plus putting out fires on the bride's behalf. Not to mention the day begins at 8AM and will be over by midnight.
LET'S PARTY!!!! I need a drink...BAD! Someone get me a kamikaze, Smirnoff Ice and a pint of Foster's.
Okay, I've got plenty to do and think about. Chinese weddings are extremely demanding, especially the traditional crap. If I ever have to get married again, it'll be a drive-thru in Vegas.
Plus, I'm in high demand this month as bridal assistants or lackeys, depending on how you want to look at it. During the first week of May, I was helping out Lisa's wedding out in the Carolinas and the following weekend will be for Jessica's. For Lisa's big day, I made her bouquet while a bunch of folks indulged in a happy hour, chopped every food item in the fridge (Benihama mama!) and tried to take every snapshot possible since Lisa canned the photographer. I was toast when I got back.
Jess' wedding ? Now that's a hot potato as Mikayla will be the flower girl AND my job is to oversee the bride's side of the family business during the day. In the evening, I will then have to make my way to the banquet hall and arrange all of the favors (200+) and decorations, plus putting out fires on the bride's behalf. Not to mention the day begins at 8AM and will be over by midnight.
LET'S PARTY!!!! I need a drink...BAD! Someone get me a kamikaze, Smirnoff Ice and a pint of Foster's.
Okay, I've got plenty to do and think about. Chinese weddings are extremely demanding, especially the traditional crap. If I ever have to get married again, it'll be a drive-thru in Vegas.
Comments:
Post a Comment
We planned our wedding in ten weeks. Flat. I moved here in August, our wedding was the 1st of November. My mother in law booked the church and reception venue before then, but that was it. We did everything else in those ten weeks (gowns, hair and makeup, buffet, music, shoes, kilts, hotels, buses, rolls royce, flowers) no problem. I did the invitations and programs myself on the computer, we bought bridesmaids dresses off the rack, mum had the cake made by the people in the culinary arts program at her work, and I got my gown for $400 from an e-shop on eBay in San Francisco. Total cost for the whole wedding and that means everything: £6000.
When I see some woman rifling through an 800 page bridal magazine going on and on about her wedding in March 2007 I just want to get up and slap her. Hell, 12 months before my wedding I was living in a studio flat in DC and didn't know the groom existed. :)
When I see some woman rifling through an 800 page bridal magazine going on and on about her wedding in March 2007 I just want to get up and slap her. Hell, 12 months before my wedding I was living in a studio flat in DC and didn't know the groom existed. :)
<--swoons
*sighs* dreamily... :)
*sighs* dreamily... :)
Slap them for me too Heather!

