Greasy (UK) & Oily (US)
Over the past year, I had to adapt a few physical changes which are driving me absolutely crazy. I have now morphed into a walking and breathing zeppole when it comes to hair and face.
For over a decade, I would hunt high and low for extra powerful moisturizing products to combat dryness and now, it appears I have been making out with a block of lard in my kitchen. I feel as though I had ordered KFC for lunch and had forgotten to wipe my mouth after eating it. Ugh.
For a good chunk of my career, I sported a curly do simply to achieve a more mature look at the workforce. No one took me seriously and assumed immediately that I was some college intern for a semester. After I permed my stick straight hair, I started getting interviews and offers. I grew accustomed not having to wash my hair frequently to extend the life of these expensively processed curls.
Now? I can't go by a day without looking like I'm related to a Pu Pu platter. It drives me nuts having to refrain from slapping the extra moisturizer or conditioner simply because I don't need it anymore. It only took a year for these changes to take effect while my routine was set in stone for over a decade.
Dammit, growing up sure stinks.
For over a decade, I would hunt high and low for extra powerful moisturizing products to combat dryness and now, it appears I have been making out with a block of lard in my kitchen. I feel as though I had ordered KFC for lunch and had forgotten to wipe my mouth after eating it. Ugh.
For a good chunk of my career, I sported a curly do simply to achieve a more mature look at the workforce. No one took me seriously and assumed immediately that I was some college intern for a semester. After I permed my stick straight hair, I started getting interviews and offers. I grew accustomed not having to wash my hair frequently to extend the life of these expensively processed curls.
Now? I can't go by a day without looking like I'm related to a Pu Pu platter. It drives me nuts having to refrain from slapping the extra moisturizer or conditioner simply because I don't need it anymore. It only took a year for these changes to take effect while my routine was set in stone for over a decade.
Dammit, growing up sure stinks.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Try the shampoo bars at Lush. Best stuff I've ever used.

