Massacring English
For whatever the reason last week, I just couldn't speak properly or anunciate any of my words. It was so bad that even Ching was in tears. Although it's quite easy to make her laugh, it's rather difficult to have her convulse in a fit of hysteria. But many of the people she's related to and attracts, can't pronounce anything if their lives depended on it. Plus, this odd lot of people make up words as well..
This is probably the only time where you'll hear me making excuses by saying that this was due to a bilingual upbringing.
Fe-LAT-tee-o
Fa-JITE-a
Fa-MOOS
Te-KWI-la
Ma-HA
I'll send you something nice in the mail if you get most of them right! Hyuk!
:oD
Word vs. MY Pronunciation
Sarcophagus ----> Sar-ca-go-gus or "Oh yeah, the thing that rhymes with esophagus"
Persophone ----> Per-se-FONE
Heather ----> Header
Cellular ----> Celery
Mystical Thinker ----> Mystical Sinker
Sarcophagus ----> Sar-ca-go-gus or "Oh yeah, the thing that rhymes with esophagus"
Persophone ----> Per-se-FONE
Heather ----> Header
Cellular ----> Celery
Mystical Thinker ----> Mystical Sinker
My New Words:
factional = non-fiction (I was thinking non-fiction, but put fact + fictional together)
mystical sinker = a crystal sinking in a large tank filled with water
factional = non-fiction (I was thinking non-fiction, but put fact + fictional together)
mystical sinker = a crystal sinking in a large tank filled with water
This is probably the only time where you'll hear me making excuses by saying that this was due to a bilingual upbringing.
CLASSIC Botched Pronunciations (not all by me, but they're GREAT laughs):
Guess what they are!
Guess what they are!
Fe-LAT-tee-o
Fa-JITE-a
Fa-MOOS
Te-KWI-la
Ma-HA
I'll send you something nice in the mail if you get most of them right! Hyuk!
:oD
Comments:
Post a Comment
Giggle...giggle.
Well, I know what the first one is, and all the others, 'cept the last. Got me on that one.
Curious tho, about how Persophone wiggled into a conversation you had.
Well, I know what the first one is, and all the others, 'cept the last. Got me on that one.
Curious tho, about how Persophone wiggled into a conversation you had.
The last one would be a bit tough - it's how some folks pronounced my last name. D'oh!
Well, Ching and I can go on ALL day about any friggen topic..I mean, ANY topic. We could be yapping about Stop Signs on the street...that's how weird it'll get.
However, Persephone came into the convo because we were joshing about some of the words and names I've botched in the past. Over a decade ago, I finally read the Odyssey and was confused about a few parts. Ching, the Greek mythology genius, was explaining all of the gaps to me and nicely CORRECTED my mispronounciation. She was in a fit of laughter when I mentioned it!
Well, Ching and I can go on ALL day about any friggen topic..I mean, ANY topic. We could be yapping about Stop Signs on the street...that's how weird it'll get.
However, Persephone came into the convo because we were joshing about some of the words and names I've botched in the past. Over a decade ago, I finally read the Odyssey and was confused about a few parts. Ching, the Greek mythology genius, was explaining all of the gaps to me and nicely CORRECTED my mispronounciation. She was in a fit of laughter when I mentioned it!

