Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

More English Massacre... 

I was listening to CSZ.com's radio tonight and good ol' Heather is playing my top 5 picks of the month (YEEHAW!!!). I hadn't heard "Don't Drink the Water" for awhile and there's a line my brain manages to completely scramble. It goes:

Don't shake it, goddamned those pimpled freaks

The ACTUAL lyrics are: Don't say "Thank god for simple truths"
I had this problem as a child when I was trying to decipher the lyrics to "Space Age Love Song" by A Flock of Seagulls, so this isn't anything new to me. Since I already brought up the previous topic about massacring English, I decided to blog this!

Someone shoot me!!!
Posted by lindikins @ 1:07 AM

Comments:

LMAO!

Actual lyrics vs. what we think we hear. Hmmm, sometimes I think singer's do take artistic freedom when singing and change the lyrics, just because they can.

I would (that is, if I could carry a tune).
By Blogger Dona Cox, at 1:00 PM
and sometimes musicians deliberately put something different in the liner notes when the sung verbal pun is just too good to put in print.

*clears throat*
By Blogger Heather, at 10:31 AM
*grin*
By Blogger Dona Cox, at 12:12 AM
So it wasn't the voices in my head???
By Blogger lindikins, at 4:57 PM
Ah, no...unless they tell you otherwise.
By Blogger Dona Cox, at 11:19 AM