Back...
After writing so much about the events which took place in April…maybe it’s time I moved into May?
Damn. Time REALLY flies. So fast that it’s downright scary. What bugs me more than anything else is how little I have accomplished in the past few weeks. There seems to be a slew of priorities everywhere, but none of it pertains to my personal development, creatively or otherwise. Maybe that’s why I was in such a foul mood last week. I didn’t really know what to do with myself. Still don’t.
Then there’s this other factor eating me up at night. Mikayla.
Since my mom has returned from
She’s recently forgotten all of her manners, won’t look anyone in the eye when being addressed to, and adamantly refuse to obey simple orders. On occasion, I would negotiate certain terms to get her to complete some of her tasks, but now, I can’t even reason with her at all.
I didn’t see it at first, but this behavior has been emerging since May…so basically her monstrous change came about during my trip to London/Myrtle Beach.
Great. Both daddy and grandma have been running popularity contests and spoiling her endlessly. Mikayla may have missed Mommy’s company and smooches, but she sure is having a party without mum. So, everything taught was thrown outta the door. Nice.
When this happens, I have no choice but to put all of her favorite things away and out of sight until the ugliness goes away. Then I slowly withdraw each item back out to reinforce positive behavior. It may sound simple, but dealing with an attitude can wear you out. Especially when you're prone to bad moods.
Comments:
or do I risk having crockery chucked at my head for asking? :)
dave
I still have to blog about Lisa's lovely wedding and some the events which took place in the past 2 weeks. Some extremely absurd and some, just plain sad.
I was starting to feel a bit better until saw the early morning report on the London Terror bombing and it reeled me back to 9/11. Granted I was extremely fortunate to be at home babysitting, but the aftermath isn't exactly chump change. Not only the images of death and destruction surrounded me, but imagine what's it like to smell it for 6 months. Everything changed and now I live by contingency plans, tighter security controls and the expectation that our subways are the next target.
Anyhoo, life goes on and we need to live in it.
Thanks for the post Dave, at least I have another parent to confirm that I'm not losing my marbles!
Don't worry about this little island, we are what we are. This week I've remembered why I fell in love with this country in the first place.


