Nekked and Windi
Not only kids SAY the darndest things, they really, really DO the darndest things.
For Mikayla's homework assignment, the 'rents were instructed to hold each end of the bedsheet and demonstrate the concept of high and low wind by swaying.
After our spectacular presentation, Mikayla was to draw a picture and write a sentence phonetically describing the event. It didn't matter if the words were totally butchered, her teacher was only interested in seeing whether or not she could apply phonetic rules. With two oversized dorks trying to explain about air, wind, and whatever the heck we concocted out of our buttholes, I instructed her to draw the picture to end the ramble.
Five minutes later, she notified me that she was done with her drawing. Without looking at it, I asked her to go ahead and write a sentence about her artpiece. While I helped sounding out the words with multiple syllables, I could see from my computer desk how white the knuckles on her fingers were. I thought the pencil was ready to snap in half.
Upon completion, she galloped over to me from the floor with an enormously toothy smile. My, how deep were those dimples! Before I could even glance at her arduous attempt at spelling, what I saw on paper propelled me into a massive fit of hysteria. Dumbfounded, Mikayla had no idea what on earth caused her mum to gasp for air and have tears running down her eyes.
Miki had drawn two figures, each holding one end of a blanket. Our circular heads were atop of our extraordinarily round bodies, much like the number '8'. Also, with our short round arms and legs, one would immediately conclude that Mikayla's parents were related to the Pillsbury doughboy. But no, this wasn't what caused my hysterical fit. Uh, it appears that my daughter has picked up mum's penchant for being detail-oriented.
There on paper, daddy was illustrated in his full glory - our little Picasso decided to pencil in his boobies and bellybutton.
Nekked Pillsbury doughbum wid two little dots as boobies and a humongous bellybutton.
Dad couldn't understand how anything could be so funny and demanded Mikayla to show him the magnum opus. When he laid his eyes on the beloved masterpiece, he freaked out. I chortled even louder.
With his ego on the line, I knew adjustments were on the way - plus, it wasn't exactly a good idea to deliver the end-product as-is (or is it?!)...so I helped Mikayla draw a line 'connecting' the dots to create a neckline and erase the sexy bellybutton forever.
This is one of those rare moments where I wished I had a scanner.
On the other hand, mommy was drawn with large, flappy elephant ears with little diamond hoops. Somehow she managed to detail my earrings instead of my Stonehenge baby tee. Still, it beats having boobs drawn on ya!
Last but not least, she managed to write phonetically: "MoMe and DaDD r makn windi"
We be making or breaking wind?! LOL
For Mikayla's homework assignment, the 'rents were instructed to hold each end of the bedsheet and demonstrate the concept of high and low wind by swaying.
After our spectacular presentation, Mikayla was to draw a picture and write a sentence phonetically describing the event. It didn't matter if the words were totally butchered, her teacher was only interested in seeing whether or not she could apply phonetic rules. With two oversized dorks trying to explain about air, wind, and whatever the heck we concocted out of our buttholes, I instructed her to draw the picture to end the ramble.
Five minutes later, she notified me that she was done with her drawing. Without looking at it, I asked her to go ahead and write a sentence about her artpiece. While I helped sounding out the words with multiple syllables, I could see from my computer desk how white the knuckles on her fingers were. I thought the pencil was ready to snap in half.
Upon completion, she galloped over to me from the floor with an enormously toothy smile. My, how deep were those dimples! Before I could even glance at her arduous attempt at spelling, what I saw on paper propelled me into a massive fit of hysteria. Dumbfounded, Mikayla had no idea what on earth caused her mum to gasp for air and have tears running down her eyes.
Miki had drawn two figures, each holding one end of a blanket. Our circular heads were atop of our extraordinarily round bodies, much like the number '8'. Also, with our short round arms and legs, one would immediately conclude that Mikayla's parents were related to the Pillsbury doughboy. But no, this wasn't what caused my hysterical fit. Uh, it appears that my daughter has picked up mum's penchant for being detail-oriented.
There on paper, daddy was illustrated in his full glory - our little Picasso decided to pencil in his boobies and bellybutton.
[Well, erm, dad prefers not having to wear a shirt since the apartment can get pretty hot and stuffy. Because my air conditioning is infected by some bi-polar disease, it either gets really cold or not. The settings cannot be adjusted simply because the unit doesn't respond except for being switched on or off.]
Dad couldn't understand how anything could be so funny and demanded Mikayla to show him the magnum opus. When he laid his eyes on the beloved masterpiece, he freaked out. I chortled even louder.
With his ego on the line, I knew adjustments were on the way - plus, it wasn't exactly a good idea to deliver the end-product as-is (or is it?!)...so I helped Mikayla draw a line 'connecting' the dots to create a neckline and erase the sexy bellybutton forever.
This is one of those rare moments where I wished I had a scanner.
On the other hand, mommy was drawn with large, flappy elephant ears with little diamond hoops. Somehow she managed to detail my earrings instead of my Stonehenge baby tee. Still, it beats having boobs drawn on ya!
Last but not least, she managed to write phonetically: "MoMe and DaDD r makn windi"
We be making or breaking wind?! LOL
Comments:
Post a Comment
