Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Sunday, July 17, 2005

OMFG!!! Another Dis-Grace-Ful Rant! 

Okay, you've heard me bitch for MONTHS about what an irritant Grace was when it came to money and god knows what else churning in her unbalanced mind.

At the office, she had already proclaimed how she couldn't mop the floor over eczema, throw out the trash because someone had spat into it, assumed that my Chinese provincial group shelled out lots of $$ during Chinese New Year (yeah, but it has to respectfully RECIPROCATED), and would eat the other receptionist's leftover lunch (oh gross).

Okay, so enough is enough. I saw through her actions and it was quite odd, because I hardly could predict anyone's actions oh so accurately.

Since we fired her and mum came back, I've seen less and less of her at school. I deliberately kept my distance because her erratic actions make the buzzing of those juicy fat horseflies seem like nada. And trust me, I absolutely loathe the buzzing!

During the last week of school, I volunteered once again to wrap presents for all of the children. Since it was a half day and the morning was spent on rehearsal performances, I pretty much parked my ass on those tiny little seats going through a mountain of books, tape and wrapping paper. I left the rehearsal early since my camera died on me. Instead of being bored and watching the other classes rehearse, I split to get a head start.

The kids returned to their respective classrooms for lunch while I remained in the music room with two other parents. School officially ended at 12PM, but the teachers were willing to 'watch' the girls (I decided to take Miki's best friend since her mom couldn't get out until 3PM) while I did the school's dirty work. Besides, the girls really didn't need any supervision - just needed someone to ensure they didn't go wild and butt naked.

There was a bustle of activity to wrap up the school year with everyone cleaning up and shipping out. Grace had somehow joined in on the hustle by running in and out of the school every freaking moment. She had an obsession with taking snapshots of the children and would have them immediately developed at the local shop. I mean, she would WATCH the clock and return within 60 minutes of handing over the film canister. Sheesh.

After I left the auditorium, she had chased me down asking me what my plans were for the day. [Basically, she's stalking my every move.] She wasn't particular to helping out at school, so I rubbed my volunteer initiatives into her face. If there's no advantage to her diligent efforts, then there's no reason for her to do it.

It was so obvious how she wanted to piggyback lunch off of me, but I pretended not to notice. People knew how I enjoyed taking the kids out to lunch with other moms. Because I am so repulsed by her behavior, I adamantly refuse to see a silver lining in her cloud. I was so tired of hearing shit from other people, including my own mum, about her misfortune and how we should all pity her.

Gimme a break.

When she found me in the music room, she reitereated the same line of questioning - Um, do you have any plans this afternoon? Are you busy? Have you eaten yet? Instead of offering assistance with wrapping (I could've used it), she zipped out of the room and asked our head teacher if she needed help with wrapping. WTF?

She reappeared 15 minutes later with a handful of pictures of our children's rehearsal. Her daughter was starving, but wanted to play with Mikayla and Joyce. For the 4th time, she beat around the leafless bush about having lunch. I abruptly left the music room and reappeared with a kid's lunch in my hands. I proclaimed how I couldn't leave the school premises since we had run out of paper.

That ended the discussion completely.

Had she simply ASKED to go out lunch with me, I would've said yes. Believe it or not, I would not have minded. The incessant conduct of trying to squelch something out of me 'inconspicuously' is heinous and irks the living shit out of me. Although her intent is not malicious, but the underlying theme is to dupe me. One thing that infuriates me most in life is when someone thinks I'm stupid and that I can't see through your actions.

I decided to remain on the school grounds since the children were playing happily and to extend their time together. Besides, I was getting good dirt on the school, so why not stay a bit longer?

Around 3-ish, Joyce's mom appears with a bunch of Bubble Green Tea (oversized tapioca pearls in milk tea) drinks in hand - followed by Grace - AGAIN. Ugh. It turns out that Grace was hanging out at the internet cafe with Kristy spending 2 hours in front of the computer. Because she couldn't get a free lunch out of me, she decides to knock off free drinks from Joyce's mom. :oP~~~~

Have we had enough yet? This gets better.

On Saturday, one of the moms from Mikayla's Pre-K class invited the whole class to kiddie bowling at Chelsea Piers. A small population attended this party since it's usually those who are chummy with the kid or with the parents who would indulge in these events. I got along fabulously with the mom even though her son tends to be a bit rough with Mikayla. However, my daughter can actually put up with Ethan's rambunctious antics and happily share her snacks with him. Ethan's the one who's got really cool dinosaur-shaped sandwiches, so it's a big plus for her.

Although I had offered to contribute to the party's expenses, Ethan's mom wanted to host it on her own. So it was fun & games for the kids and food for everyone. Well, would it surprise you that Grace showed up with her daughter?

No, of course not. Not even after the humiliating incident that took place during the school year between Grace's ex-husband (Eric) and Ethan -

One fine day, Eric dropped his daughter off to school and spotted a little boy running around the classroom. He assumed the child was the one responsible for scratching his daughter's face and began SCREAMING at him. OMG. Poor Ethan. He never laid a hand on Kristy and gets reamed by some retarded father who never had the facts down right. Had I been Ethan's parents (and mind you, they don't take crap from anyone), I would've kicked the shit out this oxymoron who yelled at my kid.

But the pathetic thing is this: Grace goes around tirading throughout the school year about how rotten Ethan is and adding layers of spit to the kid's name. If she dislikes him so much, then wouldn't it make sense not to show up?

Hell no. This is a freebie event. With complimentary food and bowling, it would only cost Grace $4 to ride the subway.

When I arrived the bowling alley, my eyes could not deceive me. Once again, Grace's personal conceit takes over in the guise of her daughter's needs. I couldn't believe it, but she actually donned on a pair of bowling shoes and swung a few balls while her daughter sat at the tables stuffing her face.

Now that's freaking downright scary.

No, she wasn't teaching any of the little children how to bowl. Although Kristy didn't want to play, at the VERY least, you could've let the kids have an extra turn in playing OR teach them how to throw without using a ramp.

To me, that's really f*cked up.

Plus, when one of the kids arrived late, she didn't even give up Kristy's spot (WTF!?!?). She continued bowling away. Mind you, NONE of the parents bowled. Everyone was busy with taking pictures or helping the kids bowl (like me).

Meanwhile, Kristy was shovelling food down her throat and I was appalled by her atrocious table etiquette. Most normal kids would pluck off grapes individually from the vine, and this little scrawny one here - would chomp on them while holding the bunch high up in the air. Kristy was eating as though she hadn't been fed in a week.

Surprisingly enough, Richard came by to join in on the festivities and even HE noticed Grace bowling. For a guy who's oblivious to his surroundings, this was definitely a highlight. He never pays any attention...not even when it was Mikayla's turn to bowl!
Posted by lindikins @ 9:14 PM

Comments: