Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Ripped 

With all of this constant griping and drivel about the shoddy work performances from both Grace Sr. & Jr., I really didn't think the day would come for me seriously shred them apart. Although I never quite verbally clawed at psychomom for her ineptness, I did manage to get in a bite or two. Quite frankly, the fact how I completely ignore her at school pretty much sums up our relationship. I know she feels much like a worn pantyhouse, but I can't deal with her anxieties or her psychotic way of reciprocating for things by being helpful. Trust me, I can do much better all on my own.

As for the younger Grace, this weekend's snafu left me with no other choice but to chew her ass out. Despite the fact she had misplaced patient's reports in the wrong charts on numerous occasions (imagine getting treatment for Hepatitis B instead of H. Pylori [bacterial infection causing stomach ulcers]), broke the drawer of the vertical file cabinet, jammed the cabinet door, misfiled patient's charts, dropped blood samples on the floor, shredded the wires of the EKG machine, or drove Richard completely batshit, all of these mistakes were caught early and solutions were quickly implemented.

However, none of these human errors could amount to this one - the fool nearly gave away personal information over the phone because she genuinely thought that she was being helpful. She nearly violated HIPAA regulation which could've shut us down. Because she wasn't exactly deft at her job, she couldn't provide the information the caller was asking. Phew! If anything, she's DAFT.

When I heard about the incident, I went ballistic. I launched an all-out tirade at home regarding the consequences regarding patient privacy and how the Patriot Act changed the way businesses run their customer service operations (I had to take special management courses at work just to make sure I knew how to cross my t's and dot my i's). Although no real harm was done, the mere fact that she was stupid enough to assist the caller for over 15 minutes to find this information instead of managing the patients in the waiting area.

I couldn't sleep this weekend. I was FUMING.

So, come Monday morning, I waited in the office for the girls to get their asses in. Like an attorney cross-examining a witness, I minced her to bits. I did not lose control or yell, but I raised my voice to the point where she nearly in tears.

I laid out the truth and the basic facts about her work performance. I highlighted how her sincere and good intentions was detrimental to our work flow since she could not separate her personal religious beliefs at the workplace. Unfortunately, a lot of these evil patients manipulate her vulnerable personality and she's been played out by them on numerous occasions.

Last Friday, I was extremely angered by a patient who had disrespectfully addressed Grace by pointing his finger at her and signalling how he wanted her to take his blood pressure and finger stick NOW.

Oh no, no, no. Not while I'm here.

I shot her a nasty glare and she cowered. I instructed how essential it was for her to address the needs of those individuals who arrived ahead of him. There's no way in hell he's skipping the line 'cuz he can manipulate little Grace like his lowly servant girl. I detected fear in her eyes, not based on my disapproval, but from this man. Turns out the asshole pays bi-weekly visits to my office to get his bp and blood sugar measured - for his convenience. WTF? Since when did I run a free clinic?

Grace never said anything. She did what she was told and who knows, this asshole might've groped at her in the exam room while we weren't there. Rich doesn't get to his office until noon and I usually make personal appearances at the end of the day. This asswipe looks and smells like a sexual predator...the mere fact how he delights himself in toying an innocent girl because of her fragile state. The idea of carrying out this intent sickens me.

When I sassed him right back, I could see how pissed off he was with me. I told Grace NOT to do the finger stick since there were none left. Houston...we have a problem - Grace couldn't bring herself to tell him our white lie of because we still had two left. It violated her religious belief because 'thou shall not lie'.

Oh gawd. So, I told her that I could do her dirty work by informing of the schmuck some bad news, but since he was a 'regular', she'd have to deal with him somehow. I corrected her by saying that we needed to save the finger sticks for other patients and we had none left for HIM. As soon as she delivered the awful news, the asshole split out of my office.

Although Rich had instructed her to measure patient blood sugar to free up his time, it was only to be done when he was seeing the patient...not when they come in leisurely just to get a freebie. Grace has a basic interpretation of all of our processes and I am stuck with the daunting task of having to break everything down to the basics since she can't exercise any common sense. Morever, she's been doing so many 'favors' for these patients that I am forced to play the role of Fidel Castro at the office. She'd even let patients go first if they tell her that their car parked downstairs and the meter's gonna run out soon. Shit.

Everyone spits in my face because I enforce to our strict guidelines of limiting access to the doctor and I could care less if your house is burning down the ground. Having to undo her 'kindness' is killing me. If I had to consider every woe, then I'll end up digging up my own grave.
Posted by lindikins @ 11:23 PM

Comments:

I do wonder how in a worst case scenario, how that would play out in court. IE if someone insists that their religious beliefs compel them to dish out personal medical information...

?
By Blogger Heather, at 4:58 PM
We'll have to kill 'em first.

Wow, I never thought I'd say that privacy and confidentiality is the bedrock of our society and blah, blah, blah...

Sucks to be grown up.
By Blogger lindikins, at 12:08 AM