Almost a Year Ago Today...TFF Today Show Performance
09/25/04
My own daughter actually woke up at 6AM so she could see "her favorite singers" (um, excuse me? I think I was into them FIRST) on the Today Show. When we arrived Rockefeller Center, the area was already packed with touristy retards wielding their giant neon signs from those states you usually don't remember seeing on the map. Although I never quite watched the Today Show, I do know there were other standing areas, but weren't open at the time. When I spotted two TFF fans off to the side near the speakers, I approached a security guard with a brilliant toothy smile. Hey, I got nothing to lose, right?
Soooo...I asked if it was okay to stand by the railing (near the stage - YEAH!!!) since I was afraid people would trample over my daughter. After all, she's only 4 and there was no way I could carry the child for an hour (oh my...the tiny miserable mother with a wee child...). I needed the railing for her to sit upon it AND to keep the wee one from any harm. The security guard obliged since the side would eventually be opened up - LATER. WAHOOO!!!! So now...I'm only a few feet away from them!!!
The little trooper didn't have any breakfast and stood over an hour waiting for them to appear. I didn't want the hassle of trying to find a public toilet, so my kid was practically starving when the show was over. As usual, she asked me every 3 1/2 minutes, "Mommy, when are they coming out?!"
The two women to my right, the "TFF Superfans", as they called themselves, insinuated how I brought the little one with me as a bait to catch Curt's or Roland's attention. Ooo-kay...um, was I supposed to leave her at home by herself while I go off to watch them!? As far as I was concerned, it would FANTASTIC if Mikayla had caught their attention, but no, that's not the reason why I brought her. Hey, the show was free and for once, I wouldn't have to sing along with Blue's Clues or Sesame Street for a fricking change. Now, it was her turn to sing along to "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and "Call Me Mellow" instead!
When the guys stepped off the stage, she was slightly disappointed because she wanted Roland to sing "Shout" - Awwww! As the crowd dispersed, I dragged her ass back down to Chinatown so she could attend Mandarin Chinese classes and guess what? It turns out that the same, kind security guard approached the "superfans" and told them where TFF would eventually sneak out. So...I missed the guys making their grand exit from the studio door and COULD'VE gotten their autographs and ogle at them from a few inches away. Heck, even Miki would've been happy to give Roland a hug! She'd probably be giddier seeing him than Santa Claus!
I BLEW MY TOP!!! DAMN Chinese school! DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!! All my life, I've always ABHORRED Chinese School and vowed never to impose it upon Mikayla. This was the last draw! I "rushed" back downtown was because we had already missed 3 classes and tuition had already been paid for - by dad, of course. NEVER AGAIN will I do anything on behalf of Chinese School Crap! Quite obviously, I pulled her out the following semester. If anyone in the family wants her to go, it's fine by me - HOWEVER - Ain't no way am I gonna take her! I will NOT be responsible for her homework, attendance, and tuition.
My own daughter actually woke up at 6AM so she could see "her favorite singers" (um, excuse me? I think I was into them FIRST) on the Today Show. When we arrived Rockefeller Center, the area was already packed with touristy retards wielding their giant neon signs from those states you usually don't remember seeing on the map. Although I never quite watched the Today Show, I do know there were other standing areas, but weren't open at the time. When I spotted two TFF fans off to the side near the speakers, I approached a security guard with a brilliant toothy smile. Hey, I got nothing to lose, right?
Soooo...I asked if it was okay to stand by the railing (near the stage - YEAH!!!) since I was afraid people would trample over my daughter. After all, she's only 4 and there was no way I could carry the child for an hour (oh my...the tiny miserable mother with a wee child...). I needed the railing for her to sit upon it AND to keep the wee one from any harm. The security guard obliged since the side would eventually be opened up - LATER. WAHOOO!!!! So now...I'm only a few feet away from them!!!
The little trooper didn't have any breakfast and stood over an hour waiting for them to appear. I didn't want the hassle of trying to find a public toilet, so my kid was practically starving when the show was over. As usual, she asked me every 3 1/2 minutes, "Mommy, when are they coming out?!"
The two women to my right, the "TFF Superfans", as they called themselves, insinuated how I brought the little one with me as a bait to catch Curt's or Roland's attention. Ooo-kay...um, was I supposed to leave her at home by herself while I go off to watch them!? As far as I was concerned, it would FANTASTIC if Mikayla had caught their attention, but no, that's not the reason why I brought her. Hey, the show was free and for once, I wouldn't have to sing along with Blue's Clues or Sesame Street for a fricking change. Now, it was her turn to sing along to "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" and "Call Me Mellow" instead!
When the guys stepped off the stage, she was slightly disappointed because she wanted Roland to sing "Shout" - Awwww! As the crowd dispersed, I dragged her ass back down to Chinatown so she could attend Mandarin Chinese classes and guess what? It turns out that the same, kind security guard approached the "superfans" and told them where TFF would eventually sneak out. So...I missed the guys making their grand exit from the studio door and COULD'VE gotten their autographs and ogle at them from a few inches away. Heck, even Miki would've been happy to give Roland a hug! She'd probably be giddier seeing him than Santa Claus!
I BLEW MY TOP!!! DAMN Chinese school! DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!! All my life, I've always ABHORRED Chinese School and vowed never to impose it upon Mikayla. This was the last draw! I "rushed" back downtown was because we had already missed 3 classes and tuition had already been paid for - by dad, of course. NEVER AGAIN will I do anything on behalf of Chinese School Crap! Quite obviously, I pulled her out the following semester. If anyone in the family wants her to go, it's fine by me - HOWEVER - Ain't no way am I gonna take her! I will NOT be responsible for her homework, attendance, and tuition.
This was my first lesson in becoming selfish and conceited. I give away to easily, so it was time to pull back those reins.
Okay, the reason why I DESPISED Chinese school was because it was always taught by people who weren't teachers, but utter assholes. But that's not the real reason. In actuality, it's because of the dialectal differences. Entering the school, I was completely lost since I did not speak Cantonese and spoke some strange dialect from a distant village filled with rice paddy fields and aging cows. Clueless, as hell could be.
But that's not all. Clueless also meant that I got in trouble all of the time. The teachers would severely punish me by having me standing at the corner, pulling my ears in front of the classroom, or rapping my palms with a ruler. Of course, in today's world, these jerks would be sued to no tomorrow. Simply put, I just couldn't understand what they were saying and they interpreted my behavior as disobedience and defiance. From a karmic perspective, I hope all of those evil shits need to have a ruler surgically removed out of their buttholes today.
Because of my cluelessness, I think I repeated Kindergarten Chinese at least 5 times in my elementary school days.
The irony of it? When I was 10, I did exceptionally well in Chinese school. I ranked one of the top students in the entire school, yet I still hated it. The weird part was how all of the kids in my class were actually little 5-6 year-olds while I was one of the older kids in the class. Even to this day, my penmanship exceeds those who actually do know the language fluently.
Yeah, Life is funny like that.
But that's not all. Clueless also meant that I got in trouble all of the time. The teachers would severely punish me by having me standing at the corner, pulling my ears in front of the classroom, or rapping my palms with a ruler. Of course, in today's world, these jerks would be sued to no tomorrow. Simply put, I just couldn't understand what they were saying and they interpreted my behavior as disobedience and defiance. From a karmic perspective, I hope all of those evil shits need to have a ruler surgically removed out of their buttholes today.
Because of my cluelessness, I think I repeated Kindergarten Chinese at least 5 times in my elementary school days.
The irony of it? When I was 10, I did exceptionally well in Chinese school. I ranked one of the top students in the entire school, yet I still hated it. The weird part was how all of the kids in my class were actually little 5-6 year-olds while I was one of the older kids in the class. Even to this day, my penmanship exceeds those who actually do know the language fluently.
Yeah, Life is funny like that.
Comments:
Post a Comment
