Did It
I've been meaning to pen my thoughts about 9/11 for quite some time now, but I'm not especially keen about having to remember some of the sordid details. So, I figured I could blog what took place and provide a historical outlook instead. I wanted to document the camaraderie I experienced, which was unmatched by anything I've seen in my life.
I'll reserve those gut-wrenching narratives for those who want to hear it. Interesting though, many people whom I've met always ask me about 9/11 due to my residency. It piques their curiosity and wonder if I ran my ass outta there too. There are countless tales to be told and retold, photographs to remember and shock, and untold number of generations who will never conceive the notion of what the landscape symbolized in this city.
Panicked, I thought we had to evacuate the city and actually packed my bags with a few clothes, cash, parmalat milk, and diapers. Thankfully, the day never came.
Many people who lived outside of NY and DC have very little understanding or even empathy of what happened. I recall an incident where a gentle-natured friend confronted a woman at a bar in Boston because she scoffed at the attack, claiming that it was 'no big deal'. A double black belt in karate, my friend nearly threw the woman right out of the window for her insensitive declaration.
In California, I recall watching a news report about a graduating class at some University in San Francisco where they booed off one of the guest speakers (Senior Editor from the LA Times or Washington Post) because she mentioned how the realities of 9/11 changed the way the country operates (airport screenings, bomb dogs) and how people lived (contingency plans). It was appalling to see how this graduating class, the potential would-be career men & women, would behave entering the new world outside of school. You simply cannot deny what happened and the horror experienced by it. Had this report aired in the east coast, the country would be divided in two. I can even foresee Wall Street and midtown firms blackballing all students trying to apply for positions within their organizations.
It's disgraceful to see your own country poo-poo'ing the event and calling you a crybaby. A retarded schmuck like Charlotte Church, an amazing classical talent from the UK, made a similar comment which got her ass booted outta here in no time.
Open mouth, insert foot.
So, if you're up for it, go and knock yourself out with the following entry. I don't think there will ever be another writeup about this day...I've made my peace with it. Even if 9/11 never took place, my life was practically in ruins which marked the death of me. What you have read thus far is my reincarnation from the aftermath.
I'll reserve those gut-wrenching narratives for those who want to hear it. Interesting though, many people whom I've met always ask me about 9/11 due to my residency. It piques their curiosity and wonder if I ran my ass outta there too. There are countless tales to be told and retold, photographs to remember and shock, and untold number of generations who will never conceive the notion of what the landscape symbolized in this city.
Panicked, I thought we had to evacuate the city and actually packed my bags with a few clothes, cash, parmalat milk, and diapers. Thankfully, the day never came.
Many people who lived outside of NY and DC have very little understanding or even empathy of what happened. I recall an incident where a gentle-natured friend confronted a woman at a bar in Boston because she scoffed at the attack, claiming that it was 'no big deal'. A double black belt in karate, my friend nearly threw the woman right out of the window for her insensitive declaration.
In California, I recall watching a news report about a graduating class at some University in San Francisco where they booed off one of the guest speakers (Senior Editor from the LA Times or Washington Post) because she mentioned how the realities of 9/11 changed the way the country operates (airport screenings, bomb dogs) and how people lived (contingency plans). It was appalling to see how this graduating class, the potential would-be career men & women, would behave entering the new world outside of school. You simply cannot deny what happened and the horror experienced by it. Had this report aired in the east coast, the country would be divided in two. I can even foresee Wall Street and midtown firms blackballing all students trying to apply for positions within their organizations.
It's disgraceful to see your own country poo-poo'ing the event and calling you a crybaby. A retarded schmuck like Charlotte Church, an amazing classical talent from the UK, made a similar comment which got her ass booted outta here in no time.
Open mouth, insert foot.
So, if you're up for it, go and knock yourself out with the following entry. I don't think there will ever be another writeup about this day...I've made my peace with it. Even if 9/11 never took place, my life was practically in ruins which marked the death of me. What you have read thus far is my reincarnation from the aftermath.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Charlotte Church is Welsh and is now a dance diva with the curves to match and don't you forget it :)
Seriously, I'm knackered and full of cough syrup again so I'm unable to respond respectfully and coherently...but I did want to say that you're going to find that things get a lot better from here on in because you've let it out. Brave girl.
Seriously, I'm knackered and full of cough syrup again so I'm unable to respond respectfully and coherently...but I did want to say that you're going to find that things get a lot better from here on in because you've let it out. Brave girl.
I couldn't remember her first name - Charlene or something - and decided to do a web search. The latest and greatest pics revealed not a young pretty little girl going through puberty but a gorgeous babe with some serious T&A. My jaw simply dropped when I saw how shapely she was and how much she's grown. I highly doubt the classical realm embraces navels and booty calls, so the switch seemed appropriate. How is her music though?
Hope you feel better...a bottle of cough syrup will allow you to travel to colorful astral planes of rotisserie chicken, leprechauns, 4 leaf clovers, and two young guys who wore chunky sweaters in back in 1985.
Hope you feel better...a bottle of cough syrup will allow you to travel to colorful astral planes of rotisserie chicken, leprechauns, 4 leaf clovers, and two young guys who wore chunky sweaters in back in 1985.
Her music is nothing spectacular but it's a notch better than the usual pop crap. I realise that I like her BECAUSE of those curves. She looks REAL and that lends a sensuality to her that these idential waifs with the ironed hair just don't have.
Anyway, didn't this post start out about 9/11? :)
Anyway, didn't this post start out about 9/11? :)
Hehehehe!
I gotta admit, after viewing her pics on the web, I was stumped! I wish I looked like her when I was 19!
I gotta admit, after viewing her pics on the web, I was stumped! I wish I looked like her when I was 19!

