High Maintenance
As usual on a Friday night, we all went out for dinner. I wasn't feeling quite up to anything - in fact, I would be completely happy with McDonald's and call it a night.
So, we were discussing what to eat and where to go, until a little one piped up. She said she wanted to eat sushi (Again! We just had it on Monday!), but THIS time, we had to eat at "Janie's favorite sushi place".
Oh kiss my ass! Miki's referring to Yama - one of NYC's top Japanese restaurants as rated by Zagat's. Pricing is moderate, but not exactly chump change. However, the sushi is to DIE for, one of the best I've ever had. And yes, it is one of Janie's favorite places to eat. The girl could easily devour the stuff everyday if she lived right next door to the restaurant located in Irving Place.
Tonight Miki indicated that we could have sushi again on Monday because it'll be exactly one week since she had her last salmon sashimi. OMFG - what a riot. I told her it wasn't possible because little kids were not allowed to eat sushi so often, only once a month...she thought I meant once a week.
Kids. One thing for sure, her date better be able to afford Yama and not Mickey D's!!
So, we were discussing what to eat and where to go, until a little one piped up. She said she wanted to eat sushi (Again! We just had it on Monday!), but THIS time, we had to eat at "Janie's favorite sushi place".
Oh kiss my ass! Miki's referring to Yama - one of NYC's top Japanese restaurants as rated by Zagat's. Pricing is moderate, but not exactly chump change. However, the sushi is to DIE for, one of the best I've ever had. And yes, it is one of Janie's favorite places to eat. The girl could easily devour the stuff everyday if she lived right next door to the restaurant located in Irving Place.
Tonight Miki indicated that we could have sushi again on Monday because it'll be exactly one week since she had her last salmon sashimi. OMFG - what a riot. I told her it wasn't possible because little kids were not allowed to eat sushi so often, only once a month...she thought I meant once a week.
Kids. One thing for sure, her date better be able to afford Yama and not Mickey D's!!
Comments:
Post a Comment
Only after Sammi's arrival to this world was I able to skip Yama. Oh...how I miss those juicy fish. Yum! Miki, I don't blame you!

