A Year Ago Today...
I dashed out to the nearest music store, J&R Music World, and purchased not one, but two copies of TFF's long awaited album, "Everybody Loves a Happy Ending".
I started to browse through these sites and got caught up in the hype of its release. It was pretty exciting because I hadn't done anything for 'myself' in a while. When I was 14, I recall the days when I would take long walks to the West Village hunting high and low for TFF memorabilia. Two decades later, I'm revisiting that very moment.
Nice. :o)
I was hunched over my laptop, making plans to watch every show, crafting emails to my former co-workers boasting about my new 'hobby' (basically rubbing up their faces how much fun I was having and not having to rot at NFS), reading board posts, recording their appearances, writing a bunch of product reviews (not exactly easy, mind you), and making some new buddies.
All in all, it was a lot of fun. Although ELAHE didn't command the success it really deserved, I certainly reaped the rewards all the way through. Not only did I experience great music, I planned a whole bunch of events around it as well. With this in mind, I got to travel with my best friend Ching (hadn't seen her in 7+ years), hang out every other week with the infamous Chie (once or twice of year), revisited the lovely Sarah (it's been 6 years), met an awesome buddy Heather, gotten closer with Master Lee, and bestest of all, see the boys in concert.
Chie put it best: My life is now complete.
I started to browse through these sites and got caught up in the hype of its release. It was pretty exciting because I hadn't done anything for 'myself' in a while. When I was 14, I recall the days when I would take long walks to the West Village hunting high and low for TFF memorabilia. Two decades later, I'm revisiting that very moment.
Nice. :o)
I was hunched over my laptop, making plans to watch every show, crafting emails to my former co-workers boasting about my new 'hobby' (basically rubbing up their faces how much fun I was having and not having to rot at NFS), reading board posts, recording their appearances, writing a bunch of product reviews (not exactly easy, mind you), and making some new buddies.
All in all, it was a lot of fun. Although ELAHE didn't command the success it really deserved, I certainly reaped the rewards all the way through. Not only did I experience great music, I planned a whole bunch of events around it as well. With this in mind, I got to travel with my best friend Ching (hadn't seen her in 7+ years), hang out every other week with the infamous Chie (once or twice of year), revisited the lovely Sarah (it's been 6 years), met an awesome buddy Heather, gotten closer with Master Lee, and bestest of all, see the boys in concert.
Chie put it best: My life is now complete.
Comments:
Post a Comment
