Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Oy 

I spent the last 4 hours revising my meeting highlights.

Am I the only one who really gives a shit or am I just goddamned basket case?
Posted by lindikins @ 5:40 AM

Comments:

Minutes are strictly for legal purposes: items off the agenda and subsequent actions required. Use the full transcript and general discussion themes elsewhere.
By Blogger Heather, at 4:47 PM
Ahhh...I knew something was amiss.

I went and borrowed a book in the library called "The Educated Child" because I ran out of intelligent things to say. Now I feel smahrt. This is how desperate I'm becoming.
By Blogger lindikins, at 12:15 AM
It's OK - very very few people know how to do correct minutes.

What most transcribers do add to the minutes, though, is their own bias or spin.

Take that out of your own but use others' past minutes - as well as the stuff that you note but do not place in the correct minutes - as your ammunition.

I really must send you the Diva textbook. (that's Diva as in me, not la Diva.)
By Blogger Heather, at 2:32 AM
Since I've been blogging, it seems a lot harder to write stuff like this and being impartial at the same time. Deep down inside, I had hoped the changes would be absolute and immediate - I could simply skip being politically correct and leave the issue alone.

Not.

I'm forced to revisit my corporate roots that I've happily left behind. I remember banging away at the keyboard after each meeting objectively and pinning people down for not accomplishing their end of the bargain. Life was beautiful then.

Now this is chicken shit.
By Blogger lindikins, at 8:14 AM
Don't beat yourself up.

Go to Lush and get some foo foo.
By Blogger Heather, at 2:06 PM