Today's Irritants
I realized this late morning my cell phone was not properly charged the night before and it was absolutely necessary to have this gizmo operating on its full capacity. If I was gonna wait on line at Tower Records for at least 3 hours, I better have resources to text message, call, or play Bejeweled during this grueling wait.
So I left the office and went home again. I did small chores - laundry, document shredding, and stuff requiring little time to accomplish. Everything was smooth sailing until the phone rang.
Assuming that it was mom, I made the mistake of answering it. Shee-it. It was Ellen.
Ellen's angst of the week: stupid 20-something-year-old Czech/Polish boy trying to court her but instead of asking her out (btw, she's 42), he's dramatizing theatrically to gain her attention. Tactics include: having girls in the choir gang up on Ellen for a fight, enlisting the help of a unassuming and guillible Chinese girl to masquerade around as his girlfriend (to make Ellen jealous), and whatever the heck else she said.
It's obvious she wants to be heard. What iggs me is how we've already exchanged these dumb-ass thoughts back and forth on emails. She couldn't quite read the Chinese girlfriend's actions because they befuddled her. When I pointed out how she was simply a pawn in the scheme of things, she refused to believe me.
Why? Why? I don't get it...why would a girl would be naive enough to be reeled into this? On and on, she went. She couldn't accept the fact how our culture imposes Old China's belief on docility, even for American-born Asians. Those who are unattractive and desperately desire to have a relationship with the opposite sex, are especially prone to subserviency. Sadly, they are convinced actions will speak louder than anything else. You don't win them with your wit or looks ('cuz you don't have none), you win 'em by "serving" them.
El found it appalling how the Czech publicly humiliated the clingy Asian by pulling a no-show on Sunday's choir. El, with her head all the way up her ass, actually believed that this was intentional stunt for her to witness; however, I informed her that she was giving this stupid ass more credit than he deserved. I really think he dumped the Klingon because their game of charades had gone too far. The Klingon's usefulness has probably overstayed its welcome with her stalker-like tendencies.
Whatever. I've had enough of the circular references with El. With my stomach growling, I couldn't wait to feast upon my steamed rice rolls. But no...I split out of my house only to find more stupidity going on at the medical office.
Upon my arrival, I saw a patient spasmodically explain some kind of situation with Kitty within the receptionist's area. OH NO, no, no, no...
Due to the unusual office layout, the receptionist's area is exposed and not sectioned off from the waiting area. Unfortunately, we're stuck having to mingle with vexing patients whether we like it or not. I strategically stand in the area between the desk and the door to prevent "intruders'" from vain attempts to barge into Richard's office to have a "word with the doctor" or pulling some half-witted stunt to cut the line. Yeah, believe it or not, I had two patients who tried to cut the line by grabbing one of the charts off of our desk and running into the examination room. One got away with it. The second one wasn't so lucky. I literally dragged the fool by his collar out of the exam room. The moronic asswipe assumed the girls would say nothing and let him slide ('cuz girls are easy prey). In actuality, they couldn't say anything because they didn't catch him in time. Me? I have no qualms with enforcing disciplinary action and enlist the help of the patients in the waiting area to berate at this idiot. Oh god, whatever you do, just don't assume I'm the mongoloid here.
Here's my gripe - I do NOT allow any patient come near the side of the receptionist's desk as our filing cabinets are located only a few feet away. Although the area isn't exactly sectioned off, with all of those sorters and cabinets, it's in plain sight that this isn't public access. I'm doing my duty by protecting privacy, y'see...veddy important.
Kitty was struggling to finish preparing a chart for a new patient and she really didn't have the time of day to entertain this woman. I noticed Yuki dashing about in the back, deliberately avoiding this woman as well. Okay, now it's MY turn...
So I pull her away from the area so the girls carry about their business and try to determine the next course of action for this individual. This woman received a medical bill via mail and cannot understand how it was possible since she never visited the OB/GYN.
Okay, let's get this straight...this medical office PRACTICES INTERNAL MEDICINE. If Richard was an OB/GYN specialist, then Miki can still get into Harvard even if she was D- student in high school (with an SAT score comprised only of her signature) as well as owning a house in the Hamptons.
When I looked at the bill, I noticed it originated from HIP. Right off the bat, I knew she was friggen basket case because our office doesn't take HIP. So when I explained that she was in the wrong place and needed to inquire elsewhere - either the specialist's or her HIP agent, she yelled back at me for not listening. She insisted how Richard made an appointment and referred her to this doctor.
No effing way possible. Since when do doctors make appointments for patients?? Why the hell did we hire TWO receptionists to manage the front desk for??! I explained nicely how PCP's refer patients to specialists and because the office doesn't accept HIP, there's no way in hell he'd be able to refer her anyway. Then she rambles on how one of our receptionists set up an appointment for her. Furthermore, she even pointed out how she saw a 3-4 year old child running amok in the office when she came here back in July. Okay, how is this information relevant to our conversation??
Exasperated, I told her the office does not make appointments for patients as it was their own responsibility. I even suggested that this could be a case of health insurance fraud and she needed to inquire further. She adamantly insisted that I wasn't listening to a word she said and I noticed how she was changing her story when I fired off a slew of questions and provided answers she refused to accept. Then this twat modified her story by saying how the specialist's office billed her for a visit that WE set up for her. So now, we're responsible for the charges.
As of this point, I'm having a LOUD pissing match with this woman. As tiny as I am, I've got lungs bigger than Patrick Ewing. She's getting annoyed with me because I'm not being helpful and I'm not backing down either. This fetid twat changes the subject by insisting how we must provide her insurance information because we can call it up (Yeah, for OUR patients).
#%&@%#$!!!!!
Earlier, she's admitted that she's never been seen in our office before, so where am I gonna pull this information?? Outta my fricking asshole??!?!
Sarcastically in Chinese, I asked her where I could obtain this information. From the depths of the sea? When I start using snotty language my mom lashes out on me, then all goes downhill. I was getting very nasty and snatched her bill just to shove the letters "HIP" up her face. Another 10 more minutes of this rampant diatribe, the twat resorted to complaining about how I won't listen to her.
Damn right.
Finally, she asked for the specialist's address and finally left.
This rancid twat kept going in circles and the girls complained to me how they couldn't get through to her. When Richard saw me barking at her, he asked Yuki why the twat hadn't left as the situation was clearly pointless.
To put things into a rather twisted perspective, I have a sense that the idiotic twat isn't half as obtuse as she appears to be. Some people actually play stupid to get others to resolve their issues on their behalf. Technically in her mind, I was supposed to become aggravated enough to contact these offices for resolution - just so I could get her out of the office.
NOT.
So I left the office and went home again. I did small chores - laundry, document shredding, and stuff requiring little time to accomplish. Everything was smooth sailing until the phone rang.
Assuming that it was mom, I made the mistake of answering it. Shee-it. It was Ellen.
Ellen's angst of the week: stupid 20-something-year-old Czech/Polish boy trying to court her but instead of asking her out (btw, she's 42), he's dramatizing theatrically to gain her attention. Tactics include: having girls in the choir gang up on Ellen for a fight, enlisting the help of a unassuming and guillible Chinese girl to masquerade around as his girlfriend (to make Ellen jealous), and whatever the heck else she said.
It's obvious she wants to be heard. What iggs me is how we've already exchanged these dumb-ass thoughts back and forth on emails. She couldn't quite read the Chinese girlfriend's actions because they befuddled her. When I pointed out how she was simply a pawn in the scheme of things, she refused to believe me.
Why? Why? I don't get it...why would a girl would be naive enough to be reeled into this? On and on, she went. She couldn't accept the fact how our culture imposes Old China's belief on docility, even for American-born Asians. Those who are unattractive and desperately desire to have a relationship with the opposite sex, are especially prone to subserviency. Sadly, they are convinced actions will speak louder than anything else. You don't win them with your wit or looks ('cuz you don't have none), you win 'em by "serving" them.
El found it appalling how the Czech publicly humiliated the clingy Asian by pulling a no-show on Sunday's choir. El, with her head all the way up her ass, actually believed that this was intentional stunt for her to witness; however, I informed her that she was giving this stupid ass more credit than he deserved. I really think he dumped the Klingon because their game of charades had gone too far. The Klingon's usefulness has probably overstayed its welcome with her stalker-like tendencies.
Whatever. I've had enough of the circular references with El. With my stomach growling, I couldn't wait to feast upon my steamed rice rolls. But no...I split out of my house only to find more stupidity going on at the medical office.
Upon my arrival, I saw a patient spasmodically explain some kind of situation with Kitty within the receptionist's area. OH NO, no, no, no...
Due to the unusual office layout, the receptionist's area is exposed and not sectioned off from the waiting area. Unfortunately, we're stuck having to mingle with vexing patients whether we like it or not. I strategically stand in the area between the desk and the door to prevent "intruders'" from vain attempts to barge into Richard's office to have a "word with the doctor" or pulling some half-witted stunt to cut the line. Yeah, believe it or not, I had two patients who tried to cut the line by grabbing one of the charts off of our desk and running into the examination room. One got away with it. The second one wasn't so lucky. I literally dragged the fool by his collar out of the exam room. The moronic asswipe assumed the girls would say nothing and let him slide ('cuz girls are easy prey). In actuality, they couldn't say anything because they didn't catch him in time. Me? I have no qualms with enforcing disciplinary action and enlist the help of the patients in the waiting area to berate at this idiot. Oh god, whatever you do, just don't assume I'm the mongoloid here.
Here's my gripe - I do NOT allow any patient come near the side of the receptionist's desk as our filing cabinets are located only a few feet away. Although the area isn't exactly sectioned off, with all of those sorters and cabinets, it's in plain sight that this isn't public access. I'm doing my duty by protecting privacy, y'see...veddy important.
Kitty was struggling to finish preparing a chart for a new patient and she really didn't have the time of day to entertain this woman. I noticed Yuki dashing about in the back, deliberately avoiding this woman as well. Okay, now it's MY turn...
So I pull her away from the area so the girls carry about their business and try to determine the next course of action for this individual. This woman received a medical bill via mail and cannot understand how it was possible since she never visited the OB/GYN.
Okay, let's get this straight...this medical office PRACTICES INTERNAL MEDICINE. If Richard was an OB/GYN specialist, then Miki can still get into Harvard even if she was D- student in high school (with an SAT score comprised only of her signature) as well as owning a house in the Hamptons.
When I looked at the bill, I noticed it originated from HIP. Right off the bat, I knew she was friggen basket case because our office doesn't take HIP. So when I explained that she was in the wrong place and needed to inquire elsewhere - either the specialist's or her HIP agent, she yelled back at me for not listening. She insisted how Richard made an appointment and referred her to this doctor.
No effing way possible. Since when do doctors make appointments for patients?? Why the hell did we hire TWO receptionists to manage the front desk for??! I explained nicely how PCP's refer patients to specialists and because the office doesn't accept HIP, there's no way in hell he'd be able to refer her anyway. Then she rambles on how one of our receptionists set up an appointment for her. Furthermore, she even pointed out how she saw a 3-4 year old child running amok in the office when she came here back in July. Okay, how is this information relevant to our conversation??
Exasperated, I told her the office does not make appointments for patients as it was their own responsibility. I even suggested that this could be a case of health insurance fraud and she needed to inquire further. She adamantly insisted that I wasn't listening to a word she said and I noticed how she was changing her story when I fired off a slew of questions and provided answers she refused to accept. Then this twat modified her story by saying how the specialist's office billed her for a visit that WE set up for her. So now, we're responsible for the charges.
As of this point, I'm having a LOUD pissing match with this woman. As tiny as I am, I've got lungs bigger than Patrick Ewing. She's getting annoyed with me because I'm not being helpful and I'm not backing down either. This fetid twat changes the subject by insisting how we must provide her insurance information because we can call it up (Yeah, for OUR patients).
#%&@%#$!!!!!
Earlier, she's admitted that she's never been seen in our office before, so where am I gonna pull this information?? Outta my fricking asshole??!?!
Sarcastically in Chinese, I asked her where I could obtain this information. From the depths of the sea? When I start using snotty language my mom lashes out on me, then all goes downhill. I was getting very nasty and snatched her bill just to shove the letters "HIP" up her face. Another 10 more minutes of this rampant diatribe, the twat resorted to complaining about how I won't listen to her.
Damn right.
Finally, she asked for the specialist's address and finally left.
This rancid twat kept going in circles and the girls complained to me how they couldn't get through to her. When Richard saw me barking at her, he asked Yuki why the twat hadn't left as the situation was clearly pointless.
To put things into a rather twisted perspective, I have a sense that the idiotic twat isn't half as obtuse as she appears to be. Some people actually play stupid to get others to resolve their issues on their behalf. Technically in her mind, I was supposed to become aggravated enough to contact these offices for resolution - just so I could get her out of the office.
NOT.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Safety 101: if someone behind the reception desk was cornered, either by a violent patient or a falling object, how would they escape without having to run towards the object?
Methinks you need an H&S assessment!
Methinks you need an H&S assessment!
We run into the bathroom behind us.
Next month: The walls are coming up - OH YEAH!
Next month: The walls are coming up - OH YEAH!

