Update
Okay, I dragged my bony ass out of denial and decided to face the nasty facts of life.
I was consumed by anger, disappointment and every emotion which would generally make anyone a mopey individual. Being in such a state, I didn’t have the gusto, energy, or even the passion to pick up a battleaxe and swing it at someone. I was really exhausted.
Plus, it didn’t help having parents think that I’m a chronic complainer – it irritated me to no tomorrow how people found me to be a great speaker, but was too fanatical for their tastes. Parents were saying, “Oh yeah! Go ask Linda to complain on your behalf, she’s real good at that.”
Go and fricking kiss off, you dimwad.
There was one other issue I could not contend with: Fear. Yes, fear. People actually thought by challenging the teacher or the principal it would bring the downfall of their child’s academic career. OMFG – THIS IS FKING AMERICA PEEPS! LAST TIME I CHECKED, WE’RE NOT IN CHINA!!
So the fight was all on my own. I decided to address an easy issue by approaching one of the head assistants of the school regarding Chinese lessons taught during the afternoons. It was ridiculous to have my child try and write the characters - today, tomorrow, and yesterday - WITHOUT appropriate instruction. Besides, those Chinese characters were out of her league when she could be learning easy words like: people, big, small, back and front. Whatever happened to those characters?!
The principal responded back to the meeting minutes by distributing a note to all parents in our class. She stated that the school is upholding their mission by meeting State requirements and if we click on the hyperlink, we can CLEARLY see that our kid’s learning development is supposedly on par with it. Instead of discussing it privately with me what her action plan would be, she simply defended the current and pitiful position with this stupid notice.
You wanna know what’s the saddest shit of all? She friggen plagiarized my wording from the meeting minutes. She turned all of the negative statements into positive ones by using the same tone and vernacular. I must be so good that she needed to reuse them.
Because of the recent changes in our medical office, I was preoccupied with medical billing and establishing a proper internal network for the new desktop. I really can’t be bothered with this hokey school BS, ya know?
So one day last week, I fed up with how the homework assignments were distributed. I crafted an email to the teacher regarding the ridiculous process and did an evil thing…I sent the email to the principal to forward it to her.
Let’s get political, shall we?
Surprisingly, I got a response back to my email. I was so shocked, not by the content of the email, but simply receiving a response that I wanted to run out and get some lotto tickets. Because Miki’s teacher has never tried to communicate with the parents, I wanted to nail her ass in the wall for the lack of responses to our demands when I submitted notes in the composition notebook.
There’s one good/bad thing about working in Fido – I mastered the art of picking emails apart.
Excuse me while I go tear this one apart now.
I was consumed by anger, disappointment and every emotion which would generally make anyone a mopey individual. Being in such a state, I didn’t have the gusto, energy, or even the passion to pick up a battleaxe and swing it at someone. I was really exhausted.
Plus, it didn’t help having parents think that I’m a chronic complainer – it irritated me to no tomorrow how people found me to be a great speaker, but was too fanatical for their tastes. Parents were saying, “Oh yeah! Go ask Linda to complain on your behalf, she’s real good at that.”
Go and fricking kiss off, you dimwad.
There was one other issue I could not contend with: Fear. Yes, fear. People actually thought by challenging the teacher or the principal it would bring the downfall of their child’s academic career. OMFG – THIS IS FKING AMERICA PEEPS! LAST TIME I CHECKED, WE’RE NOT IN CHINA!!
So the fight was all on my own. I decided to address an easy issue by approaching one of the head assistants of the school regarding Chinese lessons taught during the afternoons. It was ridiculous to have my child try and write the characters - today, tomorrow, and yesterday - WITHOUT appropriate instruction. Besides, those Chinese characters were out of her league when she could be learning easy words like: people, big, small, back and front. Whatever happened to those characters?!
The principal responded back to the meeting minutes by distributing a note to all parents in our class. She stated that the school is upholding their mission by meeting State requirements and if we click on the hyperlink, we can CLEARLY see that our kid’s learning development is supposedly on par with it. Instead of discussing it privately with me what her action plan would be, she simply defended the current and pitiful position with this stupid notice.
You wanna know what’s the saddest shit of all? She friggen plagiarized my wording from the meeting minutes. She turned all of the negative statements into positive ones by using the same tone and vernacular. I must be so good that she needed to reuse them.
Because of the recent changes in our medical office, I was preoccupied with medical billing and establishing a proper internal network for the new desktop. I really can’t be bothered with this hokey school BS, ya know?
So one day last week, I fed up with how the homework assignments were distributed. I crafted an email to the teacher regarding the ridiculous process and did an evil thing…I sent the email to the principal to forward it to her.
Let’s get political, shall we?
Surprisingly, I got a response back to my email. I was so shocked, not by the content of the email, but simply receiving a response that I wanted to run out and get some lotto tickets. Because Miki’s teacher has never tried to communicate with the parents, I wanted to nail her ass in the wall for the lack of responses to our demands when I submitted notes in the composition notebook.
There’s one good/bad thing about working in Fido – I mastered the art of picking emails apart.
Excuse me while I go tear this one apart now.
Comments:
Post a Comment
