Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Dead Weight 

I guess after being a workflow expert for the past 5 years, I really dislike working IN the actual day-to-day operations of the process itself. I’ve built, established and revamped every process I’ve ever worked in, thereby, enhancing and optimizing the overall experience for a greater and smoother outcome. That being said, I’ve managed to raise the bar in all of my former positions and having every individual who succeeded after me to sorely hate my guts.

Hah.

So now at thirtysomething (Oh geez, I just realized I’m only 33 and not 34), I get extremely skeeved out when I have to do something completely manual. To me, the only acceptable form of manual labor is housework – there’s really no way around it unless you have hired help and a few hundred dollars to purchase some edgy gadgets. When I hauled my ass to the office due to my receptionist being on holiday, I was appalled.

Thankfully, I implemented little enhancements that made a huge difference. One, I purchased cordless 2-Line phones and insisted the girls set up the speed dial functionality. Initially, I got a bunch of smart-mouth alecs who claimed that using the automated phonebook would do the trick. I told them to JUST do it ‘cuz I NEEDED it.

Next thing you know, we’re all speed-dial happy. Granted they knew the toll free numbers by heart, those few seconds add up over time.

Then I installed DSL at the office to speed up verification of patient eligibility and coverage. Although only two out of the four major Medicaid HMO’s are available online, every friggen minute counts. Forty bucks on a monthly basis is definitely worth it.

Plus, I’ve started to devote most of my time on medical billing and sorting out the quirky anomalies found in these report received each month. During Yuki’s absence, I spent time with dealing patients and their Neanderthal behaviors more than anything else.

Then there’s Melinda. Another f—kinig office crackpot.

She has been working in the office – for free – to gain work experience since she’s part of some school program for clinical/administrative assistants. OMG – she is actually WORSE than either of the two Graces. Grace the JW, at the very least, took orders well and got her job done. Melinda, however, seems to be suffering from a severe case of hyperactive Imusthavethelastwordandcannotseemtoshutthehellupevenaftermyscrewups.

Okay, what right do I have for picking on a wino especially since I talk a lot? I DON’T TALK SHIT ALL DAY. Okay, so I do sometimes…but I’m not so full of fecal matter when I err. I take it, leave it, and move right along.

This goddamned incompetent nincompoop could never find any of the charts, lack a sense of order, could not greet or assist the patients with their needs, and worst of all, can’t shut the fook up. While I’m on the phone trying to verify patient eligibility through the automated system, she’s yapping endlessly over nothing. It’s not as though she’s trying to alert me of something critical, she’s busy gabbing about everything completely irrelevant to what we’re trying to accomplish here – like chocolates, time, or fricking weather. I get stuck having to redo the same process over and over again because of her irritating motormouth.

Worst of all, she complains out loud. Although she’s rather soft-spoken, her complaints are loud enough for everyone to hear. Every time she whines about how she can’t find the patient’s charts, somehow I magically yank it right out of the cabinet in less than 2 minutes. Soon after, she’d launch a defensive soliloquy to cover her tracks…and cruelly enough, I’m subjected to this form of dim-witted torture. Why it pisses me off so? When I’m on the voice activated system, her constant yapping disrupts the verification process. F—king gotta start all over again.

When I asked her to verify eligibility online and she manages to shut the pc down. It really makes me wonder how people like her survive all of these years and managed through life. Oy. This is one is not even worthy to be fed to the hyenas.

I was livid to find her in the office yesterday, since I had specifically requested that she should find a career in scrubbing toilets. Next week, I’m gonna sack her myself. Dead weight does nothing for me.
Posted by lindikins @ 5:26 PM

Comments: