Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Saturday, December 31, 2005

And Another... 



She stands about 5 inches and is made using the traditional folding technique for BOY kimono dolls. I realized when making larger dolls, they are quicker because of the sheer size. No need to struggle with creases or corners and centering the head with its body is far simpler. Now I understand why so many of these are made and sold off the web. This requires only half of the time compared to the smaller dolls I've made.

Furthermore, a lot of folks use a template which cuts down nearly 70% of the folding and paper required (a serious no-brainer). Quite honestly, it doesn't cut it for me. I make the 'shortcut' dolls anyway to use up scraps I accumulate from making the traditional ones.

I find it strange how much I love paper and feel like I can never get enough of making origami stuff.
Posted by lindikins @ 4:23 AM

Comments: