Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Just a Little Bit 

Obsessive...

Yeah, ME, when it comes to paper.

A few weeks ago, I was at a Japanese bookstore and discovered the most adorably charming postcard decorated with little origami boys and girls. It was simple and with some deliberation, I couldn't resist the temptation of purchasing it. It was a whopping $8.50.

Not cheap by ANY standards, but I had to have it.

I wanted to recreate the same thing with my own handiwork and materials. So, I made the attempt last night.

Can I say that it was a lot harder than it looked? Granted, the shapes were simple and required very little materials, it was, however, holy-guacamole-small. Cutting and shaping these miniature forms seriously tested my patience. Believe it or not, this new craft demanded the same amount of time for me to fold my signature origami dolls using the traditional method with all of the extra bells and whistles.

Because I have a strong preference to reuse my scraps, I tend to take a lot of time deciding especially with these limited color combinations. I hate to waste paper and have a tendency to accumulate a mountain of scraps for 'future projects'. Just imagine how much I've stashed over the year since I've been making these dolls. I have PLENTY for these new ones!
Posted by lindikins @ 9:55 PM

Comments: