Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

6 

It's unreal.

Mikayla is SIX years old today. Wasn't I changing diapers last month?

The child is spoiled when it comes to her birthday. Usually, we have a small celebration at home because my brother and his family comes home for the new year's and it's really convenient to celebrate her birthday on the holiday. This year comes with a twist - she finally learned how to read the calendar - so she didn't think last week's mini-party counts as anything. Tonight, we threw her another mini-party and we'll be hosting her school party in two weeks.

Because I'm anti-school, I didn't even bother preparing anything this year. I spent the past 3 days surfing HOURS on the web looking for bonanza deals on party favors. Unlike the previous years, I had an idea, an action plan, and solid organization. This year, I wanted something quick and dirty, but mostly CHEAP.

Wasn't too thrilled about this year's classmates, so I was hesitant to go all out. Fortunately, I was able to find a website selling wholesale clutter for those 99ยข shops. Because I have to provide favors for 33 brats, I needed to find the right quantity and price on this website. With so much crap online and poorly designed navigational links, I literally had to go through every link to ensure I didn't miss something good.

My job was done. Liberation from parental obligaitons in the time being.

Will blog some more!
Posted by lindikins @ 9:35 PM

Comments: