Getting There
After 3 weeks of intense medical office workout, Tinny and I have nearly caught up with the pace and flow. Although there are a few holes left to patch, for the most part, we are up to date with the day-to-day operations and can safely sit back and breathe.
Tomorrow we will revisit the billing avenue to ensure that payments have been received as well as identifying any anomalies which were overlooked in the past. During the last quarter of 2005, I dissected these remittance advices and tried to figure out why 1 + 1 = 0. Because Rich had worked for the clinic at St. Vincent’s Medical Center, a group of patients were under this panel meandered over to our office without switching the location of the doctor’s office.
Of course, no one caught the glitch until I looked at these reports. So, for months, we’d be billing the insurance company and the clinic gets our money. Great..
Although these monthly payments are generated based on the size of PCP roster (the insurance company pays a set price the doctor per head), the losses of seeing these patients in our office have a significance impact over time. I actually composed a brief analysis of our losses on an excel spreadsheet and calculated that the clinic has feasted on our earnings at least $3K over a 6 month period.
F—k.
And these jerks wouldn’t take Rich’s name off their PCP list because they don’t want patients leaving the clinic and coming to our office.
So off to Billing world I go…and blogging seems like a consistent task for the next week.
Tomorrow we will revisit the billing avenue to ensure that payments have been received as well as identifying any anomalies which were overlooked in the past. During the last quarter of 2005, I dissected these remittance advices and tried to figure out why 1 + 1 = 0. Because Rich had worked for the clinic at St. Vincent’s Medical Center, a group of patients were under this panel meandered over to our office without switching the location of the doctor’s office.
Of course, no one caught the glitch until I looked at these reports. So, for months, we’d be billing the insurance company and the clinic gets our money. Great..
Although these monthly payments are generated based on the size of PCP roster (the insurance company pays a set price the doctor per head), the losses of seeing these patients in our office have a significance impact over time. I actually composed a brief analysis of our losses on an excel spreadsheet and calculated that the clinic has feasted on our earnings at least $3K over a 6 month period.
F—k.
And these jerks wouldn’t take Rich’s name off their PCP list because they don’t want patients leaving the clinic and coming to our office.
So off to Billing world I go…and blogging seems like a consistent task for the next week.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Crap!! No way to get that money back? That sucks. I thought you were going to find that she was stealing..... Kate is doing well, though she missed 3 1/2 days of school with a virus. Love you.
Mind you, that's only ONE of the insurance companies...we have other issues with other 3 Family Health Plus and Medicaid companies as well as the other insurances billed based the fee for services haven't even been considered.
Plus, the lack of verification. That, my friend, is the worst.
Plus, the lack of verification. That, my friend, is the worst.
Nevermind medicaid, you're lucky Mike Wallace hasn't come to your door yet.


