Reclamation
I was tormented for many months and in December, I made a conscious decision to reclaim my sanity and sense of self by abandoning my role at the office. Without going into details regarding the abhorrent clashes with everyone, I decided to take the risk of letting things run to the ground and to wait for the kill.
Okay, that was a bit dramatic, but in the scheme of things, one event, minor or major, could alter the shape of the near future.
I regained my energy, my composure, and best of all, time. I restructured my life, sought quality and simply waited for my day to come. I turned to a deaf ear at the many cries for help, turned a blind eye away from the crumbling brick, and injected psychological anguish whenever possible.
That day finally came last week.
Rich could no longer handle the pressure of his patients’ constant complaints against reception staff. The rebellion was rising and he could no longer ignore Yuki’s and Kitty’s tirade against the illiterate and crude bunch of illegals who pay our rent. Her bitterness spoilt the flow of energy and made it utterly foul and unclean. The girls had literally taken over our office, helped themselves to our privileges, defied their employer, and began rearranging things to suit themselves.
There’s a huge price to pay. Like with children, if you don’t correct their bad behavior early on, they go on assuming everything is kosher. Rich hates confrontation and his idea of a warning is similar to wacking someone with a 4 ft feather. Meanwhile, he’ll scream and vent at Mikayla or myself based on their actions and how they’ve wronged him.
For the past few weeks, I’ve been going up there and ripping them new assholes for things I saw unfit. Each time Rich would bitch about something, I’d shrug my shoulders and turn away. In reality, I was keeping a mental score and ‘transfer’ his complaints by lashing it right back at 'em. It gave me a sense of vindication like never before.
We’ve discussed the prospect of replacing them, but Rich has always been all talk and no action. I remained under the radar so I could catch up with my soaps and work on my little TFF project. Oddly enough, I sensed something was going to change, drastically. I couldn’t explain this feeling or phenomenon, but I knew for a fact that a life-changing event would occur very shortly.
So, last week, I verbally demolished Yuki out in the open. Feeling lower than pond scum, she rebelled by slamming everything around and acting obnoxiously. I remained unflustered in my cold stance and manually tore Rich a new butthole for overriding my authority again. I gave them a task and he decided to do it for them. Dumb ass. Believe it or not, Rich was more offended by her outburst than I was. He rang up a buddy of his and asked if his niece was still interested in a job. Oooh…are we taking action now? Before anything else, I made Rich sign in blood that he was NOT to take his shit out on me and allow me to run the front desk w/o interference. If my terms were not met, then I’d torch the office.
On Saturday, the new girl, Tinny, came in and did a spanking job. Turns out that she worked a year at physiatrist’s office and knows her way around the business. It was absolutely beneficial for me to able to work with someone who had her head screwed on properly and possessed a quintessential trait: MATURITY.
Although she was good, I was afraid we’d be slammed on Monday (our mega-busy day). Rich requested that either Kitty or Yuki report on Monday, but not both. He was irked that Yuki did not sound distressed and I snootily pointed out how people never admit to defeat quite so easily ‘cuz they gotta have some dignity somehow.
Come Monday, neither of the two vapid twats showed up. Good riddance. Whether you can believe this, I wasn’t angry at all. In fact, I was rather pleased not to see a shit-faced brat in my office. Honestly, I wanted to torture 'em for fun, but I didn’t get that luxury. However, I did get to trash out some of her stupid things like the broken radio (bad feng shui, you know), umbrella, hand lotion, and spat in her jar of Vaseline. I used her scarf to wipe the floor and the area where the wastebasket was sitting. It was a clean break as Rich had already paid them and requested the keys returned last Friday.
Yes, we worked to the bone on Monday, serving over 55 patients. Both Tinny and I worked together as a team and got it done. Who would’ve thunk that 2 semi-new folks could manage such a flow.
Come Tuesday, I informed Tinny to bar any entry if two little bi-otches waltz in pretending that the place is theirs. Tinny didn't think they would have any face nor the nerve to reclaim their useless belongings. No sooner had I mentioned it, in comes two little shits with a large shopping bag to regain their stuff. As Yuki unlocked the half-door, I barked that only one of them was allowed to come in and glared at her with my cold hard stare like a common criminal. She could not look at me and retreated into the waiting area while Kitty waited for me to make copies of her medical reports.
I wanted to chew their asses out but I had to keep a professional demeanor in front of my new receptionist. Nevertheless, seeing their faces gave me enough indication how low they felt. They both knew how they royally f-cked up and lost a lot more than their jobs.
This left me gloating for the rest of this week.
I began the slow process of reorganizing my office and setting the records straight. I tried to make the office a fun place for Tinny to work as I needed her to remain in the role long enough to find another capable body. Because she's overqualified, it's only a matter of time before she hops onto a different business endeavor. The girl's well off and doesn't really need a job like this. She has a degree in Accounting, speaks perfect English, and to my benefit, have similar backgrounds.
So, she was a great save for us. We reclaimed our office back, kicked the twats out, and started on the right business initiatives because some schmuck realized that there's no one better than me.
Wall came down, now it's going back up again, the right way.
Okay, that was a bit dramatic, but in the scheme of things, one event, minor or major, could alter the shape of the near future.
I regained my energy, my composure, and best of all, time. I restructured my life, sought quality and simply waited for my day to come. I turned to a deaf ear at the many cries for help, turned a blind eye away from the crumbling brick, and injected psychological anguish whenever possible.
That day finally came last week.
Rich could no longer handle the pressure of his patients’ constant complaints against reception staff. The rebellion was rising and he could no longer ignore Yuki’s and Kitty’s tirade against the illiterate and crude bunch of illegals who pay our rent. Her bitterness spoilt the flow of energy and made it utterly foul and unclean. The girls had literally taken over our office, helped themselves to our privileges, defied their employer, and began rearranging things to suit themselves.
[It wasn’t my decision to let them run amok, trust me, I don’t let anyone walk around my office like some used doormat so casually. I have never successfully won wars against highly dysfunctional minds and Rich would not allow me to reprimand their sh-t behavior.]
There’s a huge price to pay. Like with children, if you don’t correct their bad behavior early on, they go on assuming everything is kosher. Rich hates confrontation and his idea of a warning is similar to wacking someone with a 4 ft feather. Meanwhile, he’ll scream and vent at Mikayla or myself based on their actions and how they’ve wronged him.
For the past few weeks, I’ve been going up there and ripping them new assholes for things I saw unfit. Each time Rich would bitch about something, I’d shrug my shoulders and turn away. In reality, I was keeping a mental score and ‘transfer’ his complaints by lashing it right back at 'em. It gave me a sense of vindication like never before.
We’ve discussed the prospect of replacing them, but Rich has always been all talk and no action. I remained under the radar so I could catch up with my soaps and work on my little TFF project. Oddly enough, I sensed something was going to change, drastically. I couldn’t explain this feeling or phenomenon, but I knew for a fact that a life-changing event would occur very shortly.
So, last week, I verbally demolished Yuki out in the open. Feeling lower than pond scum, she rebelled by slamming everything around and acting obnoxiously. I remained unflustered in my cold stance and manually tore Rich a new butthole for overriding my authority again. I gave them a task and he decided to do it for them. Dumb ass. Believe it or not, Rich was more offended by her outburst than I was. He rang up a buddy of his and asked if his niece was still interested in a job. Oooh…are we taking action now? Before anything else, I made Rich sign in blood that he was NOT to take his shit out on me and allow me to run the front desk w/o interference. If my terms were not met, then I’d torch the office.
On Saturday, the new girl, Tinny, came in and did a spanking job. Turns out that she worked a year at physiatrist’s office and knows her way around the business. It was absolutely beneficial for me to able to work with someone who had her head screwed on properly and possessed a quintessential trait: MATURITY.
Although she was good, I was afraid we’d be slammed on Monday (our mega-busy day). Rich requested that either Kitty or Yuki report on Monday, but not both. He was irked that Yuki did not sound distressed and I snootily pointed out how people never admit to defeat quite so easily ‘cuz they gotta have some dignity somehow.
Come Monday, neither of the two vapid twats showed up. Good riddance. Whether you can believe this, I wasn’t angry at all. In fact, I was rather pleased not to see a shit-faced brat in my office. Honestly, I wanted to torture 'em for fun, but I didn’t get that luxury. However, I did get to trash out some of her stupid things like the broken radio (bad feng shui, you know), umbrella, hand lotion, and spat in her jar of Vaseline. I used her scarf to wipe the floor and the area where the wastebasket was sitting. It was a clean break as Rich had already paid them and requested the keys returned last Friday.
Yes, we worked to the bone on Monday, serving over 55 patients. Both Tinny and I worked together as a team and got it done. Who would’ve thunk that 2 semi-new folks could manage such a flow.
Come Tuesday, I informed Tinny to bar any entry if two little bi-otches waltz in pretending that the place is theirs. Tinny didn't think they would have any face nor the nerve to reclaim their useless belongings. No sooner had I mentioned it, in comes two little shits with a large shopping bag to regain their stuff. As Yuki unlocked the half-door, I barked that only one of them was allowed to come in and glared at her with my cold hard stare like a common criminal. She could not look at me and retreated into the waiting area while Kitty waited for me to make copies of her medical reports.
I wanted to chew their asses out but I had to keep a professional demeanor in front of my new receptionist. Nevertheless, seeing their faces gave me enough indication how low they felt. They both knew how they royally f-cked up and lost a lot more than their jobs.
This left me gloating for the rest of this week.
I began the slow process of reorganizing my office and setting the records straight. I tried to make the office a fun place for Tinny to work as I needed her to remain in the role long enough to find another capable body. Because she's overqualified, it's only a matter of time before she hops onto a different business endeavor. The girl's well off and doesn't really need a job like this. She has a degree in Accounting, speaks perfect English, and to my benefit, have similar backgrounds.
So, she was a great save for us. We reclaimed our office back, kicked the twats out, and started on the right business initiatives because some schmuck realized that there's no one better than me.
Wall came down, now it's going back up again, the right way.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Vapid twats? Where may I meet these ladies? Just kidding sweetie.
Wow, way to go, Linda!!!! You mean I don't have to see their bitter faces on my next visit?? I'll be so disappointed...LOL

