Open Mouth Insert Foot
I’ve been taking a mental break over the past few weeks…total vegetation in front of the telly. I don’t know what it is, but I am totally addicted to everything and anything on TV. And yes, I’m watching every rerun of Law & Order shown on cable and network channels.
I just needed time away from the world. Taking advantage of having full staff and low volume, I literally watched TV day and night. I caught up on some old tasks, but TV was my big thing.
By now, I’m starting to get over the TV buzz (I think I’ve had my fill of it) and have now begun thinking about processes in revamping and reorganizing both the home and the office. To start, Jess did me great honors by removing nearly 1/3 of the crap stuck in storage – Miki’s crib, dumb-ass toys, mattress, diaper bag, bumper pad, etc. With these things removed, it gives me the incentive to downgrade my storage unit and begin cleaning it out. I can honestly tell you that I had no desire to step foot into the dusty unit after last year’s intensive workout.
Baby steps - better than nothing.
Next, we have Miki’s summer school. This year, her kindergarten class is required to attend summer school thanks to the miniature barbaric imbeciles in dire need of discipline. Fricking class begins at 8:15AM, so we’re all trying to get into some serious routine of getting to school way ahead of time. I know, I know, I’m an ass…considering how close the school is located. But you gotta understand…I ain’t no early riser and never have been. This is a tremendous undertaking that I must mold myself into…
Historically, there has always been one class for each grade. Because of the high demand of 1st grade kids coming in for the summer, they actually opened up two 1st grade classes. Fortunately for me, Miki’s former Pre-K teacher is teaching one of the classes and I get to feast upon the dirty and juicy gossip firsthand. WAHOO!
Too bad Miki doesn’t have Teacher Colleen as teaching her class, but Ms. Jennifer worked out fine. Now my runt gets up in the morning without a hissy fit, enjoys school, knows her responsibilities, and best of all, she‘s motivated again. I see the glimmer in her eye when I send her off in the mornings and complete her homework without making retarded excuses to prolong my agony. This is what I’ve missed in her during the kindergarten year. Sucks. And guess what, this is only summer school.
Now that she’s regained her motivation back, it’s also nice to know that I was right ALL along. Some of the parents scoffed at my persistent fight and felt that I was out of bounds with the mad cow last year. Well, proof is in the pudding. Miki’s class is still out of control, noisy, disrespectful, and appalling to everyone’s eyes. I’ve already had two grandparents from the upper classes telling how this year’s 1st grade class is by far, rumored to be the worst and horrible bunch of runts in the school’s history.
I told them so.
Her class has been punished twice for creating a lunchroom ruckus and trashing the boy’s bathroom. Aiyah…wotta pitiful way of losing recess. All of the rowdy boys are in her class while all of the evil princesses are allocated in Colleen’s class. Since I can’t stand those little girls, this setup benefits Miki greatly. She actually gets along with the boys better than those mean little witches. Goshdarnit, you have a 6-year-old who put on lip gloss during class and admire herself in front of the full length mirror everyday during recess. Oh goodness. My dad wouldn’t even let me wear lipstick when I was 17.
I hear parents complaining about the little Cro-Magnons and they're horrified how the school could allow them to carry on this behavior for so long. When they see me, they shut up because they knew I was right all along. They didn’t want me to hear their complaints because I couldn’t get their support, and therefore, have no right to fooking whine in their mewling voice while I'm around.
It’s only gonna get more interesting.
I just needed time away from the world. Taking advantage of having full staff and low volume, I literally watched TV day and night. I caught up on some old tasks, but TV was my big thing.
By now, I’m starting to get over the TV buzz (I think I’ve had my fill of it) and have now begun thinking about processes in revamping and reorganizing both the home and the office. To start, Jess did me great honors by removing nearly 1/3 of the crap stuck in storage – Miki’s crib, dumb-ass toys, mattress, diaper bag, bumper pad, etc. With these things removed, it gives me the incentive to downgrade my storage unit and begin cleaning it out. I can honestly tell you that I had no desire to step foot into the dusty unit after last year’s intensive workout.
Baby steps - better than nothing.
Next, we have Miki’s summer school. This year, her kindergarten class is required to attend summer school thanks to the miniature barbaric imbeciles in dire need of discipline. Fricking class begins at 8:15AM, so we’re all trying to get into some serious routine of getting to school way ahead of time. I know, I know, I’m an ass…considering how close the school is located. But you gotta understand…I ain’t no early riser and never have been. This is a tremendous undertaking that I must mold myself into…
Historically, there has always been one class for each grade. Because of the high demand of 1st grade kids coming in for the summer, they actually opened up two 1st grade classes. Fortunately for me, Miki’s former Pre-K teacher is teaching one of the classes and I get to feast upon the dirty and juicy gossip firsthand. WAHOO!
Too bad Miki doesn’t have Teacher Colleen as teaching her class, but Ms. Jennifer worked out fine. Now my runt gets up in the morning without a hissy fit, enjoys school, knows her responsibilities, and best of all, she‘s motivated again. I see the glimmer in her eye when I send her off in the mornings and complete her homework without making retarded excuses to prolong my agony. This is what I’ve missed in her during the kindergarten year. Sucks. And guess what, this is only summer school.
Now that she’s regained her motivation back, it’s also nice to know that I was right ALL along. Some of the parents scoffed at my persistent fight and felt that I was out of bounds with the mad cow last year. Well, proof is in the pudding. Miki’s class is still out of control, noisy, disrespectful, and appalling to everyone’s eyes. I’ve already had two grandparents from the upper classes telling how this year’s 1st grade class is by far, rumored to be the worst and horrible bunch of runts in the school’s history.
I told them so.
Her class has been punished twice for creating a lunchroom ruckus and trashing the boy’s bathroom. Aiyah…wotta pitiful way of losing recess. All of the rowdy boys are in her class while all of the evil princesses are allocated in Colleen’s class. Since I can’t stand those little girls, this setup benefits Miki greatly. She actually gets along with the boys better than those mean little witches. Goshdarnit, you have a 6-year-old who put on lip gloss during class and admire herself in front of the full length mirror everyday during recess. Oh goodness. My dad wouldn’t even let me wear lipstick when I was 17.
I hear parents complaining about the little Cro-Magnons and they're horrified how the school could allow them to carry on this behavior for so long. When they see me, they shut up because they knew I was right all along. They didn’t want me to hear their complaints because I couldn’t get their support, and therefore, have no right to fooking whine in their mewling voice while I'm around.
It’s only gonna get more interesting.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Hey, I have always found daytime TV very cathartic. We get Ricki Lake over here and between her and Trisha, her British equivalent, any boring day at home is enriched with babydaddies, anorexics, love triangles, and transvestites. Sometimes all at once. Ahhh.

