Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Snapped 

Prologue

Remember the old saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say about someone then don’t say it?

Methinks the opposite takes place here.

Part of the reason why I’ve been a bit quiet…well, I’ve been battling with my old demons again. Nothing new, but fighting wears me out.

On top of that, I had been subconsciously obsessed with purging – in the most literal sense. I guess my capacity for tolerance reached an all-time low while the toxic buildup hit a record-breaking high. I decided to “spill” my guts and remove whatever excess crap perceived within my field of vision. It made a small impact. The energy moved, but not in any significant way.

Oh well. I stayed away from the office not because I couldn’t maintain normal sleeping hours, it was due to the fact that I was completely fed up with these bickering patients. The seems to be no fecking end to their complaining or their absolute need to have the final word. This very behavior is by far, the most reprehensible in all of mankind.

So if I request their insurance card, what do I get?

Why? You’ve got my insurance information, it’s in those folders.

What for? I’ve been here many times.

Doctor knows me. I don’t need to give you my name.

You DON’T know me by now?

You can’t transcribe my Chinese name? Damn, you’re lame.

Brilliant, how the fuck am I going to look up charts with their names in Chinese? When I inform them that everything is in English, they look at me like I’m some asshole. Since my office averages about 30-40 people per day…it gets TIRING when you hear the SAME bullshit every 20 minutes each day.

Furthermore, yes, there’s more…these illegals have a nasty habit of belittling receptionists because office staff exist on the lower echelon of the food chain in their small minds. I know for a fact these imbeciles are deliberately shitting on Tina and Tinny for their entertainment purposes (this of course, takes place when I’m NOT around). God I can taste the bile coming up.

Unfortunately, we cater to a rotten, putrid group of rural bastards who exploit every benefit OUR government offers to these rodents. Because of their Communist upbringing, these people believe in taking advantage to the fullest extent possible. They will go for every lab test, MRI, weekly visits because it’s free or it’s priced cheaply. Unfortunately, as despicable as these acts are, this is their survival skill…take what you can get because you don’t know what tomorrow will bring.

The irony of this reprehensible behavior? The older Chinese generation, the sojourners (like my mum and dad), believe it is deplorable to excessively misuse medical services. Remember karma what does? Well, abuse it and you’ll lose it.

The damned Commies successfully brainwashed these assholes to take advantage of everything - from food stamps to random acts of kindness. No need to reciprocate generosity because Americans are wasteful, gullible fools who would be willing to give everything away. Yeah, and I’m one of those suckers.

Consumed with disgust, I can’t help scowling when these people set their foot into my office. To further my resentment, their Cro-Magnon ways are equally atrocious. We’re talking about their abilities to expel sputum on the floor, manually clearing out their nasal passages w/o tissue, and middle-aged women who sit with one leg up on the chair. Man, if my parents saw me sitting in the same position, there would be one bitchslap from my papa to the right side of my head and another whack to the left from my momma.

Truthfully, not everyone is horrible. There are people who refuse to be identified with these imbeciles and despise for being shoved into the same category. It’s like manna from heaven when these folks have a field day mouthing off on these schmucks.

Now, keep in mind that the majority of these people are all under the complex Medicaid and NY State funded family health insurance plans which grants them access to doctors and facilities for zero premiums. These folks go gaga over the benefits because it’s freeeeeeee!


Of course, we business majors all know from Economics 101, there is no such thing as free lunches. But I digress…

The thing is, our patients are paranoid about their health. Stemming from the sociological issues from their own motherland, these people are under the belief that the more invasive the procedure, the better. In China, the upper class (yes, it exists, despite what Mao preached) can meet the expense of costly medical procedures and afford the luxury of what they consider to be a peace of mind. Of course, the poorer folks are left to suffer their ghastly fate based on their social class. Ironic, ain’t it?

Another stupid confrontation I deal with is soliciting co-payments because prying them for $5 is like performing a root canal.

Other doctors don’t take co-pays, why should you?

I’m on Medicaid. (No, you’re not, you schmuck)

I thought this is free.

I forgot to bring money.

Um, I need to use the bathroom first. (Skips town)

I’ll give it to you AFTER I see the doctor.

What? $5 for a referral??

Why isn’t this free?

This is totally bullshit medical insurance.

This is FAMILY plan…we are a FAMILY, so we only pay you $5 for ALL of us.


Heck, while we’re at it, let’s add another line for 9.99 to your current mobile phone plan.

Whatever.

To be continued…

Posted by lindikins @ 1:54 AM

Comments:

This is why Chicago's Chinatown is the size of NY's Chinatown some twenty years ago...because there is no such thing as Medicaid here for people under 65.
By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:44 PM
You mean some 30 years ago!

It's a booger compared to our vomit-sized community. Ugh.
By Blogger lindikins, at 11:49 AM