Another Year Has Gone By...
http://lindamah.blogspot.com/2005/09/four-years-ago-today.html#comments
Although I've moved on, the issues that erupted during those days haven't completely gone. Hopefully one day they will.
It's pathetic to know that the empty pit is STILL there because no one can really decide what to do there. Unfortunately, this is what happens when you relinquish control to the grief-stricken families who constantly argue what needs to be built and can never come to an amicable conclusion. Of course, there are ideas, blueprints and the whole shebang, but nothing will get done. They gave the people authority as a response to resolve their grievances...after all, many families buried their loved ones w/o bodies. So now you get nothing.
It's been five years.
I almost can't really blame what the Mayor of New Orleans said about us - how it's been five years and we can't rebuild the hole in the ground (and we've got funding and support); whereas, his city is still trying to regain ground 'cuz the same country could hardly give a shit.
Comments:
Post a Comment
I ended up on CNN's web site watching archive video of the event as-it-happened. I've always found that sort of thing sadly fascinating. CNN posted 3 hours of footage as it ran, whereas NBC posted four minute clips from the major incidents of the morning. Still fascinating in its way, but the straight video feed does bring the emotions of the moment back.
You couldn't be more right about it.
I couldn't tear my eyes away watching the films, footage, documentaries played during last week. It's amazing how two great buildings were completely snuffed in a matter of minutes.
For every tragedy, there's always an ironic twist to it. I just something on TV last night and must share with you on it. Will blog about it this week.
I couldn't tear my eyes away watching the films, footage, documentaries played during last week. It's amazing how two great buildings were completely snuffed in a matter of minutes.
For every tragedy, there's always an ironic twist to it. I just something on TV last night and must share with you on it. Will blog about it this week.
Do you know what I think about (along with the same things everyone else thinks about and relives)? Two people that I love dearly are connected to 9/11. My oldest daughter was on top of one of the towers 2 weeks before it happened. The other is the fact that the lovely Linder stayed home from work that day. Not sure it would have cost her her life if she had gone in, but I am extremely glad that we don't have to know..... I love you Lin.
David
David
You know, I'm glad you approve, I was worried you wouldn't be too happy with me about it!
Mama, you can do whatever you want and I'll always support ya!
Honestly, I think one of the reasons why I can't help watching every year is because I'm starting to forget how it used to be before the attack. I'm starting to mix up Tower 1 vs. Tower 2, I can't remember where Guy Carpenter was located (it was the company I interned by in 1993) and there used to be 7 WTC. I can no longer picture the buildings when I'm standing in front of my apartment complex.
I completely lucked out. Staying at home and never seeing the horror. I avoided Ground Zero completely...I didn't even see any of the mess like some of my colleagues were exposed to - dust, cracks on walls, debris, etc.
What baffles me is how anyone can live around that area. Ugh. The thought of it gives me the creeps.
Honestly, I think one of the reasons why I can't help watching every year is because I'm starting to forget how it used to be before the attack. I'm starting to mix up Tower 1 vs. Tower 2, I can't remember where Guy Carpenter was located (it was the company I interned by in 1993) and there used to be 7 WTC. I can no longer picture the buildings when I'm standing in front of my apartment complex.
I completely lucked out. Staying at home and never seeing the horror. I avoided Ground Zero completely...I didn't even see any of the mess like some of my colleagues were exposed to - dust, cracks on walls, debris, etc.
What baffles me is how anyone can live around that area. Ugh. The thought of it gives me the creeps.
And Dave...thank you so much for calling me. You have no idea how reassuring it was to hear you on my cell. It was very thoughtful.
Oh la la! Sexy voice Dave!
Oh la la! Sexy voice Dave!
Anytime, sweetheart. Yeah, I miss our phonecalls too :):):)


