Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Monday, October 23, 2006

Snapped - Continued 

Why I really “Snapped”

On 8/17/06, there was something I observed which really changed my outlook of how I was going to run my office.

Going forward, I was no longer going to put up with the patients’ nonsense, impatience, insolence, or degrading remarks. I left my professional demeanor outside and stomped into my office with a battleaxe in my left hand and a mace in the other.

I’ve had it.

What was it that I saw? I saw calm, I saw quietness, and I saw order. Something which is practically non-existent in my office and it made me realized how f—king unfair it was. I went for a physical exam (as it was long overdue) and booked an appointment a month ahead. I was punctual, but I had to wait an additional 50 minutes as the receptionists deliberately overbooked all of the appointments creating a minimum of 2 ½ hour wait for walk-ins.

No one complained or harassed the receptionists. Everyone KNEW the terms of this doctor’s office and there were 7 patients, including myself, in the waiting area seated quietly. Another woman was yapping on her cell phone, but she spoke in a low voice. Dammit, you could hear a pin drop on the floor.

I left his office seething.

I stormed into my office and told Tina everything I observed in Dr. Lee’s office. We were both shocked and disgusted by our patients.

To play devil’s advocate, our office caters to a specific dialect group which is infamous for their loud, obnoxious and unruly behavior. So you can’t compare to those individuals sitting in my PCP’s office. BUT…I learned that I don’t need to put up with this bullshit.

Dr. Lee’s receptionist basically shitted on one of the patient’s for not knowing English, she was cold, curt and abrasive. I have never treated anyone in my office in this manner…of course, except those who thought it was okay to defecate on my rainbow. But I don’t shit on nice and quiet people. What for?

I took everything I observed this day back to my office. I had every intention of applying these principles.

However, the tricky thing is – my patients are experts at mudslinging. They will dig up the most absurd thing as a rebuttal and it’s stumped me a few times. Furthermore, all of my girls are not into mudslinging and are unable to contend with these assholes. So for all that’s worth, my supreme bitchiness and utter virulent attitude will work. I may not win in the war of words with these ingrates, but competition against my decibel level is near impossible. We all believe that my torso is consisted primarily of my lungs because I don’t need a mic to be heard and that’s a fact.

As a result of my own visit to the doctor, I decided that I was going to war with everyone who crosses me. I've got nothing to lose, except a few nasty patients. I don't give a shit what Rich thinks because these SOBs go in brown-nosing and treat him like some god. So I might as well contain the behavior outside and publicizing how I'm a force to be reckoned with.

And when these idiots decide to take me on this Wrestlemania Smackdown, they feel like foolish assholes upon discovering who I am. I dress and look just like one of my receptionists. Why? You can say I don't need to dress up - I've been in monkey suits and business casual outfits for too long. Jeans and rocker t-shirts are my signature look and it'll remain this way until I ready for the retirement home. What throws everyone off is my age - I don't look 34, so the assumption is that I'm a fooking peon in the office. Meanwhile, I'm the business owner.


So when you mix a recipe of supreme bitchiness, utter virulent attitude, along with a tablespoon of loudness, you get one mean pit bull whose bark is just as lethal as her bite.

Posted by lindikins @ 11:30 PM

Comments:

Odd question, what's the layout of your re ception area? How many doors, locations, lighting, furniture, etc.

I think you know what I'm getting at. Nothing to do with feng shui, more of basic spatial relations and crowd control.
By Blogger Heather, at 1:58 PM
Me take a picture tomorrow...
By Blogger lindikins, at 8:54 PM