Sloppy
So sorry for the lack of updates, have been extremely preoccupied with stuff at work, the amount of homework Miki needs to finish each night, and the horrid mess at home. One would assume that I live in some kind of dump. No really, things are completely out of control and I think I need to revert to my former way of life.
The one I left behind in Fidelity.
Where I used to notate in my organizers, meticulously update all of my to-do lists, and don a walkman 24/7. I need to listen to RATKOS (of all the music I own, only RATKOS makes me work – don’t ask why). I need to adorn my corporate helmet along with the serious business voice where my friends and family can’t even recognize.
A few years ago, I rang up my brother at his work number and got his departmental voicemail. Fearing that he could get into trouble with personal calls, I left a professional sounding message that went, “Hi, this is Linda calling from National Financial Services and this message is for Steve Mah. Please give me a call back at 212-335-5213 at your earliest convenience. Thank you and have a nice day.”
Asshole returns my call 4 hours later yelling at me for not calling him. I told him that I left him a voicemail and he said, “that was YOU?!!!???”
Yeah, it was me.
I’m hopelessly disorganized now. Work gets done only when I’m motivated and I can honestly say that I ain’t motivated most of the time. All I want to do is clean my house thoroughly (which I have, but the mess never seems to be contained), do the laundry and get ‘stuff’ out of the way. Heck, I'm lucky if I tried to GROOM myself. My hair's really awful.
Stuff just keeps piling up. At the office, my main motto now is to accomplish one task per day. It’s better than nothing, but not really ideal. I should really get the crap outta the way and move on.
Furthermore, my sleeping habits are completely messed up. My mattress is too firm, I’ve morphed into a light sleeper and because I have so much ‘stuff’ that needs to get done, I can’t sleep. Yet, I don’t really try and get ‘stuff’ done when I do have the time. I’m too sleepy or engulfed in Days of Our Lives or reruns of Buffy to give care.
Am I bad or what?

