Positively Entertaining
Okay, I slapped down an ultimatum and Miki is no longer allowed to watch Nickelodeon until I say so. Honestly, watching Spongebob Squarepants has elevated to state of stupidity that I can't quite explain. I don't like how she behaves after watching the show and in fact, she talks like him for days, weeks.
A few weeks ago, I gave her some chores to do and she completely blew me off 'cause she was engulfed by the world in Bikini Bottom. I personally despise the retarded character, so he's banned till I see an improvement in her attention and focus.
Her concentration hasn't improved all that much, but she's substituted ways to entertain herself in front of the TV. Knowing that Nickelodeon is out of the question, she adopts Disney Channel as her stepchild in the meantime. But this didn't last long.
Disney characters don't draw her in the same manner that Nickelodeon characters do. So, she decided to watch her old videotapes from her toddlerhood past - Elmo and his posse.
Because she's a "big kid" today, it no longer holds the same appeal to her. I mean, there's a serious overkill in watching those old worn Sesame Street VHS tapes and she'd rather much prefer to watch new episodes on PBS. So...what's a kid to do?
You'll NEVER guess.
Can you?
Heh.
Wotta wee chump.
Remember, I'm still in bed.
I don't get up until half past 12 on weekends. She's got free reign in the mornings.
Have you figured it out?
She selects a videotape from the back of the shelving unit.
A little hand reaches in...
Pulls out a white covered tape...
Proceeds to the VCR...
And pops in tje Tears for Fears Greatest Hits Videos.
Ooooo-kay.
Yup. That's my chump.
Every weekend for the past month, she's been watching the video and commenting about Roland's actions. It's HYSTERICAL.
From the bedroom, I can hear "Sowing the Seeds of Love" playing loudly and Miki giggling about the floating characters. When I arouse from my sleep, she asks me why Curt doesn't plant anything on the soil. Hah? I need my coffee.
Or she'll ask me why Curt's hair is short. Or whatever happened to Curt's earring. Or why they're filming a wedding and they're not in it. Or why the librarian is annoyed with Roland. Or why the index cards are flying out of the card catalog. Or why is Roland dancing so funny. Or how come the crocodile is swimming in the pool. Or doesn't the girl know it's dangerous to swim in the pool with the crocodile in it. Or how did these kids get such a HUGE birthday cake. Or why is Roland wearing gloves without fingertips. Or why did Roland have such short hair. Or why did Roland swing his guitar up in the air. Or why did Manny drum on the floor. Or how did kids get to sing with Curt. Or why did Roland sing without his shirt on? Is it really that hot there? Or why would Curt want to be a janitor. And why on earth would Roland borrow THAT many books?! That's soo silly!
On and on she goes.
I have to admit, it's effing FUNNY.
She's got the TFF buzz this season and she'd sing "Everybody wants to rule the World" when we're food shopping at Pathmark or "Sowing the Seeds of Love" while waiting on line at Macy's. When she came up to the office two weeks ago, I had the last album, Everybody Loves a Happy Ending, playing on the puter. She snuggled up to Tina, who was working on a spreadsheet, and belted out"Closest Thing to Heaven" in the back room. Best of all, she'd break for a moment just to explain to Tina what took place in the video with the red dragon and flying goldfish.
This is simply awesome.
A few weeks ago, I gave her some chores to do and she completely blew me off 'cause she was engulfed by the world in Bikini Bottom. I personally despise the retarded character, so he's banned till I see an improvement in her attention and focus.
Her concentration hasn't improved all that much, but she's substituted ways to entertain herself in front of the TV. Knowing that Nickelodeon is out of the question, she adopts Disney Channel as her stepchild in the meantime. But this didn't last long.
Disney characters don't draw her in the same manner that Nickelodeon characters do. So, she decided to watch her old videotapes from her toddlerhood past - Elmo and his posse.
Because she's a "big kid" today, it no longer holds the same appeal to her. I mean, there's a serious overkill in watching those old worn Sesame Street VHS tapes and she'd rather much prefer to watch new episodes on PBS. So...what's a kid to do?
You'll NEVER guess.
Can you?
Heh.
Wotta wee chump.
Remember, I'm still in bed.
I don't get up until half past 12 on weekends. She's got free reign in the mornings.
Have you figured it out?
She selects a videotape from the back of the shelving unit.
A little hand reaches in...
Pulls out a white covered tape...
Proceeds to the VCR...
And pops in tje Tears for Fears Greatest Hits Videos.
Ooooo-kay.
Yup. That's my chump.
Every weekend for the past month, she's been watching the video and commenting about Roland's actions. It's HYSTERICAL.
From the bedroom, I can hear "Sowing the Seeds of Love" playing loudly and Miki giggling about the floating characters. When I arouse from my sleep, she asks me why Curt doesn't plant anything on the soil. Hah? I need my coffee.
Or she'll ask me why Curt's hair is short. Or whatever happened to Curt's earring. Or why they're filming a wedding and they're not in it. Or why the librarian is annoyed with Roland. Or why the index cards are flying out of the card catalog. Or why is Roland dancing so funny. Or how come the crocodile is swimming in the pool. Or doesn't the girl know it's dangerous to swim in the pool with the crocodile in it. Or how did these kids get such a HUGE birthday cake. Or why is Roland wearing gloves without fingertips. Or why did Roland have such short hair. Or why did Roland swing his guitar up in the air. Or why did Manny drum on the floor. Or how did kids get to sing with Curt. Or why did Roland sing without his shirt on? Is it really that hot there? Or why would Curt want to be a janitor. And why on earth would Roland borrow THAT many books?! That's soo silly!
On and on she goes.
I have to admit, it's effing FUNNY.
She's got the TFF buzz this season and she'd sing "Everybody wants to rule the World" when we're food shopping at Pathmark or "Sowing the Seeds of Love" while waiting on line at Macy's. When she came up to the office two weeks ago, I had the last album, Everybody Loves a Happy Ending, playing on the puter. She snuggled up to Tina, who was working on a spreadsheet, and belted out"Closest Thing to Heaven" in the back room. Best of all, she'd break for a moment just to explain to Tina what took place in the video with the red dragon and flying goldfish.
This is simply awesome.
Comments:
Post a Comment
Your child has been trained properly. Good work.
Potty training took longer. This was a cinch.

