Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Weird Weekend 

I had every intention of spending hours on the puter this weekend catching up on basic internet stuff, bill payment and the usual whatnot.

But of course not.

Yesterday, I wanted to stay in bed and rest up. I hadn't been feeling well and the best remedy is to sleep way into the wee PM hours, uninterrupted - of course.

Not.

My irritating cell phone screeches loudly in the living room and I sprang outta bed to answer it. It's Mikayla (she's at grandma's house).

"MOMMY!! COME QUICK! GRANDMA CUT HERSELF AND SHE'S BLEEDING!"

In 2.5 minutes, I got dressed, combed my hair, gargled with mouthwash, and ran outta the door. Found mum in a bloody mess and tried to stop the bleeding.

You would NEVER guess how she cut herself. And no, it wasn't from a knife or a broken piece of glass.

It isn't from removing the lid from a canned product.

Not from a vegetable peeler (that's me...I did that once a few years ago).

Not from a pair of scissors.

Or broken piece of porcelain or ceramic.

She cut herself trying to break a small piece of a scouring pad. A tiny, thin wire created one heckuva bleed. Of all fecking things in the kitchen, that tiny object took three hours of my afternoon.

So I took mum to the hospital for 2 stitches on her right index finger and dropped Miki off to her Orchestra class. Multi-tasking hardly eludes me.

My beloved momma is prone to FREAKish accidents. This isn't her first one, mind you. With regards to opportunity cost, mum declared that if she had gone to the loo as she had originally intended, she wouldn't have the mind to scour the tea kettle. But she decided to "hold it" and clean up the pot. Aiyah.

One thing I've learned about multi-tasking - just DON'T do it. If you don't have to, then don't exercise it. There's nothing wrong with doing any task methodically or taking on a project and go for the kill. Because I'm accident prone, it's better to do one task at a time.


Well, today...another foul attempt to stay in bed...NOT.


Got up at noon and was feeling awfully drowsy. With my body aching so much, I could hardly function without a proper cup of joe. I was watching cartoons with Mikayla and all of the sudden, Rich comes home flustered. With his face beet red, I knew something major had happened.

I'll give y'all the 411 tomorrow, as it is rather an amusing story.

The bottom line is, I sought vindication for everybody, including myself. I finally nailed a someone who happens to be one of those irritating patients I've loathed and a hwucking landlord. Never, NEVER, EVER dare me to do something - especially when I have to call the cops. You're talking to someone who actually knows a thing or two about landlord/tenant disputes.

My whole day may be atypical, but it's good to know I ain't no wimp.
Posted by lindikins @ 10:40 PM

Comments: