Ten of Pentacles - Linder's Version

Here is the place where the total mind dump takes no form or shape. Call it Verbal cubism!

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Not Good Enough for Them Hyenas 

Finally…

When I do get around to blogging, I am not inspired. Or..when I wanna blog, I don't have the time of day. A lot of it has to do with I’ve been doing or seeing in the past few days and it could be drab as hell. My writing goes with this dull or energetic flow as well.

A few months ago, I ripped out the pages of an article published in a snooty upscale “Absolute” magazine (check my previous post out - Ode to Heather). Now, remember, we get freebies at home because some publishing firms are under the premise that my home address is an office address. This has a lot to do with some medical professional putting down our home addy as the primary address when updating licensing information. Whatever.

I was annoyed at how the retarded subscription never ceased in its persistent spamming and continued to receive said horseshit in the post. Instead of feeling impressed or wowed to be thrown in the so-called meow mix of Manhattan’s social elite, it smothered me in a cloud of stinky soot as well as leaving me with a nasty acrid aftertaste. Kinda like the sour milk sort.

Yeah, I’ll stick with being the regular crowd of peeps – I don’t fit in anyway. Honestly, I don’t need social justification…origami, friends, music, sushi, and of course, Miki, is all I need.

Like I mentioned before, there aren’t any articles with any substance whatsoever - such a pure waste of time. Unfortunately, there are writers who are dying to get their works published or those who want jobs in this field. However, this magazine employs the worst of the breathing lot. Only two topics which can be construed as remotely ‘interesting’ - Travel and New Product sections. Fffphphtttt! It’s such a sorry waste of paper. Do you have any idea how many trees are demolished to produce this batch of fecal matter?

Anyhoo, what spurned me off? Under their Social Studies section, some assholian writer (Julian English) penned an article called the “Looking Down on the Joneses” – based on a controversial new study by two social scientists revealing that the secret to happiness is by having poorer friends.

Okay, whatever. It piqued my interest to skim through it. I did NOT like the printed matter…not one bit of it.

Oftentimes controversial studies are presented in an unbiased format to highlight the essential points and ideals which are later supported by the author’s findings or even personal experiences to further substantiate (or not) the so-called claim. But no, this crap was entirely based on the asshole’s sole opinion. Okay, that’s fine – power of the pen, right? Sure, I understand. Everyone’s entitled.

But when such content is condescending, pompous and incredibly arrogant, then article is equivalent to a used toilet paper. The schmuck doesn’t really convey the merits of the academic research; instead, he takes two sentences from pages and pages of this material and apply it to his obnoxiously wealthy lifestyle. He states how “he likes to hang out with people who aren’t doing quite as well ‘cuz it makes him feel good about himself…When I go to Elaine’s, I take a peek at the shoes of the guy at the next table. Just as I thought: Weejuns. I’m sporting made-to-measure Berlutis…I want everybody to be happy. Just not as happy as me. Or, you know, as increasingly rich.”

WTF??!?!?

So, to humiliate and to flaunt your lavish lifestyle at those who obviously can’t afford it is the way to happiness? What absurd bullshit is this?! It’s one thing to share the wealth, but to SHOW OFF? Do these people absolutely need their faces vigorously scrubbed with a scouring pad? The author’s not sorry for his soulless being, in fact, he loves trampling at the expense of others. And this is what he considers as HAPPINESS???

Man, that's really pathetically messed up. Generally speaking, I've always said people like him should be fed to the hyenas. I'm sure those creepy and hideous-looking creatures won't even touch him with ten-foot pole. They'd rather starve than to shred him to bits for dinner.

Nevertheless, I'm sure at the karmic level, payback will be HELL. There's no way in the world he'd get away with this and gloat over it. Worst of all, the fricking magazine having published this senseless turd, of course reveals the core essence about their staff, the organization, and the wretched niche they are catering to.

I want no part of it. Non.
Posted by lindikins @ 2:38 PM

Comments:

The number one rule of karma is we do not discuss karma.
By Blogger Heather, at 3:21 PM
Karma, karma, karma chameleon...
By Blogger lindikins, at 4:28 PM